Man bites snake - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 07-30-2019, 07:18 PM   #1
WebSlave
Man bites snake

Quote:
Drunk Indian man bitten by snake retaliates by biting back, killing it

A drunk man in India exacted his revenge on a snake that bit him by biting it back and chewing it into pieces.

The man, Raj Kumar was relaxing at home with a drink Sunday when a snake slithered into his house in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh and bit him, said his father, according to Reuters.

The man's father said that his son was drunk when he bit the reptile.

“A snake bit him. So, in turn, he bit it and chewed it into pieces,” said the father, Babu Ram.

Kumar was hospitalized in serious condition.

“This is definitely weird,” said Raj Kumar’s doctor, N.P. Singh, according to Reuters.

“I’ve seen people coming in with snakebites, but never somebody who bit a snake and then brought it with him in a bag.”

Kumar was bitten by a non-venomous rat snake.

The snake was cremated, according to local media.
Non-venomous rat snake bite and he is in the hospital in serious condition?

I had to check the date to make sure it isn't April 1.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/world/india-...es-kills-snake

Old 07-30-2019, 11:11 PM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Here's a version that has him in "intensive care":

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/world...are/ar-AAF1F4g

Considering that all versions of this story make a point of including the bit about alcohol use, it is possible that the man's condition is not directly related to only his interaction with the snake...

Old 07-31-2019, 12:01 AM   #3
WebSlave
Quote:
The reptile that bit him was reported to have been a rat snake, which experts regard as usually not venomous.
Usually??

Unless I overlooked that detail, it still doesn't explain why he was in intensive care. Outside of severe intoxication (the bottled form), of course.

Old 07-31-2019, 03:26 AM   #4
LauraB
I read both stories. Too funny! Ok, so kids (and idiot adults) .. step away from your cellphones, social media and video games. Go outside and enjoy nature. (Or enjoy inside, if nature comes inside to you, lol)

However, do not chew on live snakes after you consume alcohol.

Old 07-31-2019, 07:18 AM   #5
Lucille
I read a version that said the family was not able to afford the charges of the first hospital he had been taken to and he was actually transferred to a different hospital.
I do not know about over there but over here if a doctor claims there is an emergency and the patient requires intensive care, the hospital cannot transfer the patient even if he cannot pay until he is stabilized. So the 'intensive care' classification may have been an unsuccessful attempt by his doctor to prevent a transfer.