Interesting mantis.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Insects and Arachnids > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Insects and Arachnids.

Old 08-24-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
WebSlave
Interesting mantis....

We see one of these around here every now and again, but likely there are a LOT of them. But they blend in with the tree bark so well, that we just really never notice them unless they move.

Connie and I were clearing some small trees and brush from around the little palm trees we planted next to the driveway and I spotted this critter on a small tree I had just topped off.

Old 08-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #2
kotorse3
Very cool! I have never seen any of these before! The only mantises I ever run into outside are Carolina mantises and Chinese.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
ajr1331
If you collect some I'll purchase them from you. They will start moving if you hit a tree with things because they dislike the vibrations.

Old 09-19-2016, 03:15 PM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr1331 View Post
If you collect some I'll purchase them from you. They will start moving if you hit a tree with things because they dislike the vibrations.
Thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested in collecting and selling stuff. I rather enjoy the occasion when I do stumble on these critters on my property.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!