Another one - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-31-2007, 07:13 PM   #11
99Vengeur
More pics...

Ares

He is not as photogenic as she is. She loves the attention!

Hope you enjoy as much as I do.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:57 PM   #12
ladyserpent7
i like that five dollar bill in there...it shows the real size..when i show pics of giselle to people they think shes huge (especially if they dont know snakes) but when they see her shes this petite lil thing.

Old 09-01-2007, 05:12 PM   #13
Nyoka77
Aww!! They are so cute!! Great close ups....it's tricky to get them to pose for the camera most of the time!! Do you plan on breeding them? Any idea what age is ideal for breeding? I would love to breed mine, but I can't seem to find the time. Plus i've had bad luck with snakes...my hoggie was sick for a long time and my king has been sick too I seem to know how to pick em!
Maybe next time you should throw in a $100 bill...i'm sure they will pose for ya then

Old 09-02-2007, 11:11 AM   #14
99Vengeur
Thanks, I think these guys are just adorable!

I do plan on breeding them. They are het albino, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for when the time comes. Many people will tell you age really isn't the biggest factor for breeding hognose. It's more dependent on their weight. Females should be around 250-300 grams or more and males should be around 65 grams or more. My problem is I'm a noob to breeding snakes, so it will be my first attempt. I'm not sure if they will be ready this next season, but it would be nice if they are.

What is causing your snakes to be ill? Is it just a one-time deal, or does it have to do with other factors?

The $5 bill was all I had at the time....I guess I could have put in my bank debit card. lol

Old 09-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #15
romad119
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Vengeur
The $5 bill was all I had at the time....I guess I could have put in my bank debit card. lol
Make sure to show both sides. The 3 digit security code can be troublesome to get around... Lol.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:47 AM   #16
Nyoka77
has anyone's hog gone off feeding lately? Could it be the time of year? Mine hasn't eaten in a month and shed in that period of time once. Should I be worried since she was a problem eater when she was a baby?

Old 09-25-2007, 11:28 AM   #17
99Vengeur
Both my hogs took a meal last week.

What have the temps been like in NY? It may just be getting close enough to winter for her to fast. I could be wrong though.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #18
Nyoka77
it's been 70's 80's...sometimes colder at night. I keep it warm in her cage though, around 86-88 on the warm side. She looks interested and plays with the mice for a bit, then slithers away. Could she be constipated? I don't see much of a bulge in her though.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #19
99Vengeur
You said it has been a month since she last ate. When was her last defecation? If she has gone in the last month, constipation many not be the problem.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:20 PM   #20
Nyoka77
about a month ago she defecated, i'm not sure if it was before or after her last meal. However, a few days ago, she went to the bathroom a little. I tried soaking her once, but didn't seem to do anything. The vet put her on calcium for the past few months..not too sure if that can cause constipation. kinda complicated eh?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!