Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:13 PM   #121
Ameivaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Please take note of the word offensive and itinerant.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/gypsy

Noun[edit]
gypsy (plural gypsies)
(sometimes offensive) Alternative form of Gypsy: a member of the Romani people.
(offensive) An itinerant person or any person suspected of making a living from dishonest practices or theft; a member of a nomadic people, not necessarily Romani; a carny.  [quotations ▼]

Wiktionary really?

If you're going to spend time on google trying to find links and quotes to argue with someone online from on top of your pedestal of political correctness - try at least using a real dictionary.

You know, one that can't be edited such as Merriam-Webster.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #122
Focal
Regardless of where it is defined, my family did not fight poverty to make something of this life to be degraded as homeless or less than anyone else that wants to misuse the word. Take a look at the context he used the word Gypsy and if he meant to be portray it in a positive light.

Old 12-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #123
Ameivaboy
Quote:
Regardless of where it is defined, my family did not fight poverty to make something of this life to be degraded as homeless or less than anyone else that wants to misuse the word. Take a look at the context he used the word Gypsy and if he meant to be portray it in a positive light.

Is this thread about you and your family? Or your sensitivity to the word Gypsy?

Get over it, at the end of the day it's just a word. Sticks and Stones Brother!!

Old 12-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #124
Focal
You are correct and I'll leave it alone. Just wanted to point out where the respect was lost by one of the few that spoke up for him.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #125
DISCERN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geitje View Post
ps. I rarely spend any time whatsoever on BOI, even with this thread, as I've got enough to tend to currently and considering holidays and my personal life. For those not paying close attention - that does not mean that I'm ignoring the OP, as I have animals coming in to choose from to help alleviate the issue with Wai/Ken.
I view this as progress, with the animals coming in, for you to fix the solution to this unfortunate issue. Thanks for letting us know, and I have faith that this will be a positive outcome, Jon.

Wai, I understand that this has been very frustrating on your end, but it appears that Jon is working on the issue. Take this as, like I said, progress, and hope for, and expect, the best out of this situation. This will take time, in him getting in these animals, and rectifying this, but this should be fixed and taken care of. My friend, I know you are upset, but to me, this is progress.

Now, we can go back to the programming of seeing many on this thread argue about the term " Gypsy ".

Old 12-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #126
DavidBeard
The OP bought his 1.1 pair of geckos back in the summer. Its now almost the end of December. Yet people are urging him to "be patient" and "wait" some more? Why should it take more than half a year for the seller to resolve the issue? Am I the only one who things this is a tad ludicrous?

Old 12-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #127
allesuberschildkroten
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
The OP bought his 1.1 pair of geckos back in the summer. Its now almost the end of December. Yet people are urging him to "be patient" and "wait" some more? Why should it take more than half a year for the seller to resolve the issue? Am I the only one who things this is a tad ludicrous?

I agree, I think people's view is being clouded cause they dont want this to be a bad guy thread and they like him. If it were someone they didn't, Im sure he'd be crucified by now

Old 12-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #128
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Really Jon ... An ethnic slur?
WTF??? Cher must be saying Tramps and Thieves are ethnicities too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWeezUxIzaE

Old 12-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #129
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISCERN View Post
I view this as progress, with the animals coming in, for you to fix the solution to this unfortunate issue. Thanks for letting us know, and I have faith that this will be a positive outcome, Jon.

Wai, I understand that this has been very frustrating on your end, but it appears that Jon is working on the issue. Take this as, like I said, progress, and hope for, and expect, the best out of this situation. This will take time, in him getting in these animals, and rectifying this, but this should be fixed and taken care of. My friend, I know you are upset, but to me, this is progress.

Now, we can go back to the programming of seeing many on this thread argue about the term " Gypsy ".
Billy, I've been very patient the few months because I trust what he told me every time, but his promises failed to come true one by one, and he also ignored me !! Now I suggest he send the refund to his friend in LA, and I will take his geckos to his friend there and get my refund, is that sounds fair?

Old 12-18-2013, 08:14 PM   #130
DISCERN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankster View Post
Billy, I've been very patient the few months because I trust what he told me every time, but his promises failed to come true one by one, and he also ignored me !! Now I suggest he send the refund to his friend in LA, and I will take his geckos to his friend there and get my refund, is that sounds fair?
The refund suggestion, to me, is fair as well.

I believe he did not ignore you, but got caught up in the stresses of his personal life. Is that an excuse? Nope, but it is an explanation, and to me, Jon coming on here, not arguing and admitting that he made a mistake, believing you first thing when you told him about the mis-sexed animals, and lets you publicly know he is working on getting animals to rectify this situation, is far more than what many others would have even done.

Including the fact that many on here know him, and back him up as well, only points to a hopeful resolve.

Like I have said, the refund suggestion is a great option as well. My point in all of this, is even though you have been inconvenienced, I am reading and having faith in Jon that he is going to make things right, in either regard.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!