Looking for some advice! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-17-2006, 02:33 PM   #11
Nyoka77
coming along!

I purchased a digital thermometer that has a probe that attaches to the inside of the cage and gives me a reading of the heating pad. I also bought the dimmer. I didn't realize how hot the pad actually gets! I'm sure shes alot happier now.
Nyoka's eyes turned a cloudy then bluish color. her belly is still whitish. Now since yesterday her eyes are back to normal. I spray her with some water everyday cause she seems to not come out of hiding very much. even to drink. after i spray her, she runs around her tank happily and knocks herself out. Now I'm waiting patiently until she gets rid of this skin! Then back to trying to get her to eat. Shes a tough one...very stubborn but, i love her!

Old 03-21-2006, 09:24 AM   #12
Junkyard
Awesome, keep up the good work! HAs she shed yet? Usually once the eyes go back to normal color they will shed within four days or so.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #13
Nyoka77
Yes! She has shed! Its been a few days since she got rid of that skin, and she still won't eat. I tried braining the pinkie...didnt work. She has plenty of energy and seems healthy...i guess shes still just not hungry. Ill try again in a day or two.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #14
Junkyard
I have an idea that may help if the hognose does not start feeding soon. There is a product made by T-Rex called the Lizard Maker, I have heard a lot of good about the product, it is a lizard scent, which is a natural food to the hognose. Another product which I have also heard works wonders with hognose snakes is the Snake Steak Sausages. www.reptilesource.com carries both of these products.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:17 PM   #15
Nyoka77
Talking She ate!

Nyoka Finally ate a few days ago!! Its been at least 3 months! I tried everything from rubbing pinkies on a toad to attempting to feed her an actual tree frog. Finally, she just decided to eat the plain pinkie one day when I wasn't home. Shes healthy

Old 04-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #16
ladyserpent7
im very happy for you katie..and for your hoggy...i know how difficult it could be for YOU when they dont eat...mine once went without eating for four months! ..theyre kinda known to go on hunger strikes once in a while......but yaaaaaay for Nyoka...yah..didnt think she would really want the frog anyway..cuz westerns usually like rodents...easterns..theyre the ones that like the amphibs. but anyway..im very happy that youre happy

Old 04-14-2006, 03:58 PM   #17
Junkyard
SAAWEEET!! That is awsome to read!!! That was a lot of work, congrats!!

Old 05-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #18
Nyoka77
Question Possible?

Could it be possible that Nyoka might be shedding again?! After eating only once, about a month ago, this week she just sleeps all the time...similar to last time she shed. How often are babies suppose to shed? She did get longer, but shes still tiny!
heres a picture of her, and where she sleeps everynight...she loves her water bowl
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2006, 04:54 AM   #19
ladyserpent7
they shed every few months..i would say like 3-4 normally..for babies...but sometimes they just wanna sleep..mine loooves to sleep..she usually awake mostly on mondays, cuz thats her feeding day

Old 06-25-2006, 08:14 PM   #20
Kingetula
Has your snake ate yet?

I just picked up a Hoggie yesterday at Repticon. I was told it ate a fuzzy a few days back but there was no sign of a meal in her. I bought her home and tried to feed her, no go. Of course my head filled with thought's but I tried again today with a FTP and she ate it up, few.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!