For Sale Live Moss Available Now - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Flora > Flora For Sale/Wanted Ads & Trades

Notices

Flora For Sale/Wanted Ads & Trades Posting of classified ads by registered members is FREE!! But additional perks require contributing level memberships.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
sugarmagnolia184
Live Moss Available Now

I have feather moss (thuidium sp.) available, 12 x 12 inch portions are $12.99. Shipping is with Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box $10.70 for 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" size box.
This size will hold 3 portions layered with thin dirt base attached.
The portions are not one piece, they are made up of several large sections. It works well since it is easier to decorate with the smaller sections.
This is a low growing moss that grows well in medium light to shade conditions. It tolerates a good bit of moisture, even to the point of bogginess working well in moist frog tanks.
Its color varies from light to dark green, and also bronze.
It has very delicate feather or fern-like leaves. This moss spreads quickly, and can be trained to grow over rocks and wood.

I also have carpet moss (hypnum sp.) available in the same size portions and price.
The boxes will hold 4 portions of this type, the attached dirt base is thinner.
It prefers acidic environments and is fairly tolerant to a variety of growing conditions.
It will not grow well on the floor of very moist tanks, but makes and excellent moss wall where excess moisture can drip off from being suspended.

This is all pesticide and chemical free.
It will need light cleaning of leaf pieces, tiny bits of twig, etc.
Most of the cleaning will be done before shipping and only fine tuning will be needed.

wildcrafter1969@yahoo.com

Old 02-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #2
sugarmagnolia184
more pics of the moss

Since I couldn't edit my post, I have added a few more pics of the feather moss and one of the carpet moss.
This moss likes it a little wet and it looks great.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
urban_M86
how fast does it grows/ how ofteen ill have to cut it?

Old 06-04-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
sugarmagnolia184
Hello Moses,
This is a fairly slow growing moss, but the growth speed of any moss is dependant on the environmental variables, eg. lighting, nutrients, moisture, etc.
This moss grows in a very tight mat entangling it's fern like leaves together, I don't know that you would ever have to cut it and if you did it would be a long time from the original setup time.
I am not on here much since I first posted this since I have had such a large response from ebay and other sites, my moss and exotic plant sales hav e kept me way to busy.
Feel free to email me if you are interested in trying some of this or my other mosses and plants.

Have a great weekend.
Nat.

wildcrafter1969@yahoo.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Organic-Earth-Art-and-Rare-Finds

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
frog, moss, terrarium