a ball python with no black, only tan and brown... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-16-2005, 03:23 AM   #1
giraffe_gal
a ball python with no black, only tan and brown...

I recently came across a snake that someone would sell to me for very cheap. This ball python is a pet belonging to a neighbor of mine. I tried to post the image, but it is too large. This snake has not a speck of black on him. He is only a sort of medium brown and light tan. He is very strange looking and I was wondering if this is normal. I will post the photo as soon as I can figure out how to make the file smaller. I can't take another photo of him because he is not in my possesion. I've been dealing with reptiles for about eight years and have never seen anything like him.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Carter.bmp (351.6 KB, 374 views)

Old 01-16-2005, 03:25 AM   #2
giraffe_gal
I figured it out...

I had to put the photo on paint to make it smaller, I am sure there is any easier way, but this finally worked. That (above) is the snake I am asking about. That is exactly what he really looks like. Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

Christine Hofpar

Old 01-16-2005, 03:31 AM   #3
becky
Like most other species, Regius can vary greatly from one speciman to the next. From the pic, it would appear that yours is normal colored. The best way to see if these traights are inheritable would be to breed one of its offsping back to it.

Nonetheless, it is a very attractive snake.

Old 01-16-2005, 04:07 AM   #4
giraffe_gal
not too dumb...

Just to let everyone know ahead of time that I am not implying that this snake is super special. I was actually looking at (her) to purchase to breed some of my het males to this upcomming year. I am really only asking because when I saw her I felt stupid. I have bred boas for years and have not had much exposure to ball pythons until recently and was not aware that ball pythons were available without black. I think it is a very pretty snake, and at her weight $75 dollars is a bargain. Thanks Becky...

Christine Hofpar

Old 01-16-2005, 04:23 AM   #5
reptilebreeder
I'm having a hard time keeping up with the morph explosion in Ball Pythons, but I would not call that a normal. Maybe I haven't seen enough of the "range" of normal Ball Pythons, because in other species not having any black as that does appear, would be hypo something. At any rate it is a gorgeous snake, and $75 is a steal.

Hopefully some Ball Python can give us a little more insight, I'd like to know either way.

Old 01-16-2005, 11:35 AM   #6
BallPyFan
I want her LOL Where in TN is she? If you decide to pass, lemme know!

Old 01-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #7
giraffe_gal
Clarksville?

The snake and I both are in Clarksville TN. I see that you are also I need a large female. But I will let you know.

Christine Hofpar

Old 01-16-2005, 02:55 PM   #8
Glenn Bartley
let's have an auction. If the snake is in good health, and has no black as you say, then I would bid:

$150

Old 01-16-2005, 02:56 PM   #9
Glenn Bartley
and of course, plus any additional for shipping

Old 01-16-2005, 09:49 PM   #10
screamdreams
Christine...

There's no doubt that animal is well worth the $75...keep us posted!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!