"Hypo gene = (co)dominant test breeding" - the next generation (pics) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-29-2006, 05:44 PM   #11
rhac
Hi Dan,

those geckos are all amazing!
Too bad that the "Hypo x Redstripe"crosses did not work out so well for you.

Well from my experiences the orange on the tail passes to some of the offspring.
This is a better shot of the females' tail from pictures 3 to 5 (which is the offspring of a "Super Hypo x Wild caught"-pairing, done in '05):

But like I said: it's not a real Carrottail-color. It's just a bit orange and there are spots between the orange. So no carrottail at all.

Thank you very much Dan, for posting your experiences,
Greetings from Germany, Johannes

Old 05-29-2006, 10:20 PM   #12
Dan Lubinsky
Looks good to me. Thanks for sharing your experience. God forbid that our "leopard" geckos should have some spots... lol.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:13 AM   #13
rhac
He just had his next shed.
He has to be the super form...he has to! Look at those few spots on his head:

Ok..but: "Why is this crazy german guy freakin' out because of a plain old Super Hypo hatchling?"

I'm sorry if I'm annoying you all with this topic and all those pictures. I know everyone is working with Macks now, so my project is not that interesting.

But first: I decided to work on that project and to find out about the genetic background of the Hypos, so I will bring this to an end.
And secondly: Every student of my age-group has to write an article about any project he worked on. So I decided to write about my Hypo-project because I'm working on it either way. But we have to present our articles in about three weeks.
My first clutch of eggs from "Super Hypo x Hypo"-pairing went bad; the clutchmate of this little fella died in egg;all those other eggs need the longest time ever to hatch...

So: This little hatchling is my last chance to come to a result in my article.
Of corse I can invent some result. But I don't want to
So I realy hope that this little hatchling turn out as a Super Hypo.I'll have to prove him out next season...so the project is not finished with this school article. But it would be good if I could present somekind of a result.

Thank you all so much for helping me,

Old 05-30-2006, 03:46 PM   #14
Bjoern
Talking

streber...mehr möchte ich dazu nicht sagen

Old 05-31-2006, 09:01 PM   #15
diablohogs
You Are The Man!!!!

someone had to step up and prove it, without a doubt and you followed through and did it! you're awesome!!!

can you please post pictures of some of the non-hypo offspring you produced from the hypo mother X normal father?

Old 06-01-2006, 08:54 AM   #16
rhac
Quote:
can you please post pictures of some of the non-hypo offspring you produced from the hypo mother X normal father?
Yes. Those are pictures from last years first hatchlings, from "Hypo x Normal"-pairing, some days after hatching.
Both non Hypos turned out High Yellows (father was a High Yellow):

the Hypo siblings:

Here a pic for comparing the color of the bands. The geckos above are the Hypos and the ones below the High Yellows. Although one of the Hypos was a very dark Hypo a clean difference can be seen:

Old 06-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #17
rhac
And some other Normals that were Hypo siblings:

Some turned out ugly,some turned out nice. But as you can see altogether "normal Normals"

Old 06-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #18
geckoeye
Soooo......are you in to exporting????

Old 06-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #19
rhac
I forgot to say thank you for this nice compliment:
Quote:
someone had to step up and prove it, without a doubt and you followed through and did it! you're awesome!!!
Thx Chad
But I have to correct something. Untill now I did not find out anything. I just did some test breedings with some interestig results. But I did not find the Super form yet. The new Baby may be the super form. But it is too small to tell for sure yet. I will post new pics after it had the next sheds.

Quote:
Soooo......are you in to exporting???
No sorry. But you'll find (Super) Hypos all-over the world

Old 06-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #20
SFgeckos
great post!

das ist sehr gut Johannes! wo wohnst du in deustchland?

jon

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!