Getting a rosy to eat f/t? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2015, 11:10 AM   #1
jaymae21
Question Getting a rosy to eat f/t?

I bought a baby rosy boa back in October (she's about 3 months now) and I still have not gotten her to eat frozen thawed pinkie mice. She will go for live right away though.

I've tried splitting the skull for scent, as well as scenting with live pinkies, but she doesn't seem to recognize it as food. I've tried feeding her in her tank and a bin, as well as in complete darkness. I even tried scenting the mouse with tuna (it worked for a friend's colubrid). I also make sure not to handle her 24 hours before feeding.

She's in a 20 gal long tank with aspen bedding deep enough for her to burrow, with 4 hides. Hot spot is about 90 degrees and the cool side is about 75. I don't know what the humidity is, but I don't keep a water dish in the tank, I just soak her once a week (3-4 days before feeding). She is very active, so I don't think it's a health issue, especially since she will eat live.

Any advice on how I can get her to eat frozen thawed?