need identification - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
btd1200
need identification

I live in Northern New Jersey and dont think of having lizards around. I found a lizard in my warehouse and dont know what it is. I have tried to match it to native lizards to the area but it doesnt resemble anything. It is mainly light tan in color with a black striped tail. The eyes are dark in color and also his belly is dark in color. It is only about 1" long from head to end of tail. I have attached a photo.
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
btd1200
Update...

I just thought of something...this lizard could be from anywhere. I get deliveries from all over the world. It actually is about 3" long. Does anyone have any ideas of what this could be? I would really like to find out so I can take care of it.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
angie.h
I, not going to be of much help, but it does appear to be some type of tropical gecko. It would need very small [ probably 1/4 " ] crickets or fruitflies to eat. A small tank , planted with a few live or fake plants and just paper towel for the substrate until you have more info on it. Mist the tank once, maybe twice a day. Hopefully one of the gecko people will chime in. As a matter of fact, you may get a quicker answer if you post in a gecko forum.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
Tim Cole
That's a Mediterranean Gecko.

An introduced species that's now common from Florida to Texas.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:17 AM   #5
Focal
AKA the Common House Gecko

Old 10-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #6
angie.h
I wondered if it possibly was that, just doesn't look like the ones I've seen at stores + shows because of the " transparent" look from the picture. They do require a lot of climbing areas, a small potted plant would be good [rinsed of pesticides] and misting the tank 2 - 3 times daily for humidity. You can use peat moss as a substrate, or just plain paper towels. Use a small heat lamp to get the temps. between 82 - 88 F daytime, 65-75 at night.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!