Nile monitor help--Need Answers Fast - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Its Nitro xD
Nile monitor help--Need Answers Fast

hi i have abt a 3 and a half foot nile monitor and he is shedding ive noticed he has bubbles on his skin and they seem to be filled with puss i soak him everyday for atleast an hour everyday and today a few popped and the skin is like white underneth ive looked alot abt this and i cant find anything on it soo if anyone can provide some insight that would be great thanks and hope to hear soon.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Uroboros
What are his basking temps? How about a picture of his setup?

Sounds like he's getting burned by his lights.

BTW, DO NOT pop the blisters. You probbaly want to take a 10% hydrogen peroxide solution and dab it on his back, make sure you get the places where the skin that will soon become infected is.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Its Nitro xD
well hes kept under a reptiglo 5.0 and 100watt heat lamp and i did have a 150wat infared on him too but i turned that off. i know his setup right now isnt righht it wont be lik that for long this weekend i am building him a long one insted of a high one it prolly will be 6ft long 3ft high and 3ft wide

Old 05-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
Its Nitro xD
and most of them popped on there own and the skin is just pretty much white underneth what should i do bout that?

Old 07-26-2009, 02:59 AM   #5
kgoda5
it sounds to me that he is too close to his uvb light and neosporin would probably be better to use

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!