Is This a Good Idea? - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors   Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds  Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 
 
  Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2015, 11:14 PM   #61
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M View Post
For someone that claims to have a 189 IQ you have some pretty poor spelling.....
Quite hypocritical on your part wouldn't you say since you "only buy animals from the best in the hobby that have the same "veiws"

With an IQ of 189 my guess is he has more important things to worry about than correct grammar about spelling and that I actually don't care as long as it's legible, I've wasted so much time going back and needlessly correcting spelling errors when I could be using that time better.
 
Old 11-03-2015, 11:18 PM   #62
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M View Post
The big majority of hot keepers do not free handle their hots...... There are a very very small number of people that do....
Do you know all the hot keepers in the US? Europe? And other countries? You know for fact that a very very small number free handle?
 
Old 11-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #63
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M View Post
And if you must know, I only buy animals from the best in the hobby that have the same veiws on how these animals should be respected as I do....
So only the best in the hobby have the same "veiws" as you? Do you know any of the best in the hobby that have bred Mangshan vipers???
 
Old 11-04-2015, 01:13 AM   #64
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg M View Post
People like you just speed up the banning actually......
Actually when I read comments like these below I start to wonder who's side Gregg is on?

Quote:
Plus free handling hots and photographing it is just about the stupidest thing one can do......

There is absolutly no good reason to free handle a hot......

Even medicating or force feeding a sick one can be done without beig so exposed to it......

No matter how you slice it your acts and reasoning are beyond dumb and do no good for this hobby that is slowly being taken away from us.....
When comments like this are made public it can only be used as ammunition to strengthen the argument to uphold any ban of keeping venomous snakes (which is technically unconstitutional especially when venomous snakes are being kept in locked cages in the privacy of your own home) because city governments will say look at Gregg an expert in ALL "poisonous snakes" and he acknowledges that poisonous snakes shouldn't EVER be free handled because of how too unpredictable and incredibly dangerous poisonous snakes are to let citizens keep them as pets. His comments testify that people who keep poisonous snakes are unstable because such extreme measures need to be taken to keep and handle these vicious creatures not any sane person would keep such a deadly creature that could go berserk at any moment inside their home.

Anyone really think city governments haven't thought of how they can create a tactical advantage to give credibility by posing as a "poisonous snake expert" to push and perpetuate the ban of venomous snakes?

Now Gregg may not be a wolf in sheepskin clothing but how he has formulated his comments of his opinion reveals to me that his expertise level of handling venomous snakes is limited and based off of assumptions and opinions
 
Old 11-04-2015, 01:35 AM   #65
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus Haley View Post
Ehh... he mentioned Irwin as some kind of positive and took photographs of himself freehandling. The guy is clearly a moron. End of story. No debate. I have spoken.
Haha please riddle me how Irwin was not positive? Sound a little jealous

Besides you're stating your opinion as fact.

You are entitled to your own opinion,
You are not entitled to your own facts,
Base your opinions off of facts,
You'll never be wrong.

Ignorance begets confidence more frequently than does knowledge, is it those that know little and not those that know much that so positively assert that this or that problem can never be solved by science.
 
Old 11-04-2015, 02:10 AM   #66
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey View Post
Okay so we've got a genius here. Apparently English is his second language because he can't spell, cannot use punctuation correctly and doesn't know where to use capital letters except when he NEEDS it. LOL
Why is it that I can tell by the way you wrote this comment thinking it was so clever you have one of those really obnoxious laughs. Yeesh.
 
Old 11-04-2015, 03:03 AM   #67
hhmoore
Is there a reason that you just made 11 consecutive posts to a thread that had been dormant for 10 yrs?
I have no objection to people dragging up old threads to renew a discussion with constructive comments, new information, or even seeking information from participants...but making antagonistic posts to people that haven't even logged onto this site in over 5 yrs seems unnecessary. Worse, this seems typical of your recent posting style (yes, you'd already been noticed)
 
Old 11-04-2015, 03:37 AM   #68
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey View Post
Freehandling a venomous snake is asking to get bit. It will not be an accident if you get bit and it will be YOUR fault.
Still safer than riding horses. Riding horses is asking to get a spinal cord injury, head or various types of other unpleasant injuries. So horse accidents aren't really accidents because the person is asking to get hurt so it is THEIR fault.
 
Old 11-04-2015, 03:38 AM   #69
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Is there a reason that you just made 11 consecutive posts to a thread that had been dormant for 10 yrs?
I have no objection to people dragging up old threads to renew a discussion with constructive comments, new information, or even seeking information from participants...but making antagonistic posts to people that haven't even logged onto this site in over 5 yrs seems unnecessary. Worse, this seems typical of your recent posting style (yes, you'd already been noticed)
Sorry I didn't notice the date. Yes there was a purpose. Also I try to respond to each unfounded comment that caught my attention individually. Given how some of the comments were made how is a legitimate response not antagonistic? I'll PM you. Give me a little credit I switched over to the forum like you had asked to carry on a debate. But yes there is a definite purpose Mr. Moore to this argument and I'll finish it up.
 
Old 11-04-2015, 05:35 AM   #70
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey View Post
Here's a story that proves that no venomous snake is "safe" to free handle:
(sorry but I couldn't find the newspaper clipping and I'm trying to get it from the newspaper) This happened in 2001 in Pilot Knob, Missouri. The snake was a timber rattlesnake.

Two guys killed a rattlesnake. They cut its head off. One guy took the head home and the other one took the body home. The one w/the head managed to get bit by the head while fooling around with it and his wife took him to the ER for treatment. According to the guy, it was about 1 hour after they killed the snake. Oh, they took the head to the ER too. Can you say stooopid.
Thank the Travel Channel for airing whichever outdoors camping show that the host was like if you see a rattlesnake like this while your camping, grab a large stick, pin it, cut the head off and bury it all while showing how he did it on camera. Made it look like as easy as a walk in the park. Telling people to mess with a wild venomous snake and try to kill it is definitely a remedy for disaster.

What you should do if you see a wild venomous snake. LEAVE IT ALONE.

Quote:
I don't own venomous snakes, I'd like to have a copperhead some day and I don't want any more legislation or for that matter a total ban on them because of people like you who can't act responsibly and handle a hot correctly
.

You don't own venomous snakes yet you think because you watched a friend who has venomous snakes how he cares for them that you're going to speak as if you're an expert on the subject on how to handle a hot correctly?

You post a story with stating that no venomous snakes are safe to handle yet you don't own any, have no facts to back up your argument and you have one friend who does a good job at preventing himself from getting bit with some nice cages and you're going to state your opinion as fact when you have no credible grounds to do so?

You do more harm than good for the venomous culture when you pose as an expert because you THINK you know what you're talking about. Legislators uses comments like yours to perpetuate the false validity to why bans are needed because you're disillusioned with what is called the Dunning Krueger effect. I wouldn't want someone handling venomous snakes either with that mentality if I feared snakes. Do the real experts a favor as with most of you who aren't truly experts, keep your do good but actual harmful comments to yourself and leave the venomous snakes handling to people who want to become real experts. Not just keep a venomous snake or two because they feel like a rebel bad ass.
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
good idea? beardedboy Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum 4 04-15-2006 10:22 PM
Cham cage idea...good/bad? nosbaby Chameleons Discussion Forum 5 06-22-2005 03:16 PM
Good idea webslave sschind General Business Discussions 1 08-15-2003 11:31 PM
double clutching???good idea??? KansasKingsnake Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum 0 06-10-2003 01:47 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.




Ebates Coupons and Cash Back



TESTING!
Fauna Top Sites


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.04635406 seconds with 10 queries
Content copyrighted 2002-2018, FaunaClassifieds, LLC