Fun @ Del Valle (no. cal) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Field Collecting/Observing

Notices

Field Collecting/Observing Sightings of herps in the wild, where-tos and how-tos, as well as photos of herps in their native environment.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
diablohogs
Fun @ Del Valle (no. cal)

last weekend i went out to del valle armed with my digicam and a backpack full of bottles of ice water. thought id post some pictures.

the alligator lizard (look at that guys tail!!) was just basking in the sun when i came running down the hill and just happened to hop over him. right about mid jump i realized what i was hopping over and hit the brakes.
Attached Images

Old 04-23-2005, 01:05 PM   #2
marshall_p
Nice PIcs...

Old 04-24-2005, 03:13 PM   #3
Gekkonida
Sweet photos. Herps in the wild provide for some of the coolest photos!

Old 04-24-2005, 06:49 PM   #4
wsmitty
Nice pics!!!!!

funny how we posted wild alligator pics at just about the same time

Old 04-24-2005, 06:57 PM   #5
wsmitty
i miss spoke.... You posted them on the 22'nd.

That alligator lizard has some really nice red on his flanks. I had a pet one kind of similar to him when i was a kid.

Again, nice pic!

Old 05-08-2005, 07:35 PM   #6
Rockford
Cool Gator lizard. Very nice colors.... this is one I caught in the Sierra's 2 weekends ago. Notice how long this ones tail is. Unfortunatly most Gator lizards I catch have a ton of ticks near their tympanic membrane's opening.

Old 05-08-2005, 10:25 PM   #7
diablohogs
Quote:
Cool Gator lizard. Very nice colors.... this is one I caught in the Sierra's 2 weekends ago. Notice how long this ones tail is.
they have very different coloration but they both have some nice LONG complete tails!!

my guess is that they are different sub species.

heres one i caught near mt. diablo that looks to be the same as yours. well actually, he ended up catching me...lol.

Old 05-08-2005, 10:29 PM   #8
diablohogs
i didnt notice but it said "file to large".

i shrank it. here it is.
Attached Images

Old 05-09-2005, 12:24 PM   #9
lefty_mussolini
It seems that all the other California residents are noticing the crazy amounts of alligator lizards too. I'm surprised I haven't found any in my room yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!