GAS PRICES! - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:26 PM   #91
KelliH
Haha yeah, our friend went back and filled up a large gas can he has.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:28 AM   #92
kmurphy
I'm not trying to be overly moral here, and I know this is all in fun, but the person that may be taking the hit for the error is the employee, not the owner. My friend's daughter, that works at a convenience store/gas station, had a drive off the other day. She had to take the hit for the $50 because she was in charge. It didn't matter that she was working alone and had a line of customers in front of her. I don't know how much she makes but I bet $50 was a big chunk.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #93
Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
I'm not trying to be overly moral here, and I know this is all in fun, but the person that may be taking the hit for the error is the employee, not the owner. My friend's daughter, that works at a convenience store/gas station, had a drive off the other day. She had to take the hit for the $50 because she was in charge. It didn't matter that she was working alone and had a line of customers in front of her. I don't know how much she makes but I bet $50 was a big chunk.
Absolutely correct on the drive offs. One of my daughters worked at Shell and had a drive off and although she fought it tooth and nail, in the end to still have her job she had to pay for it. Even when they find out who did it and get paid back I haven't heard of the employee gets their money back.

On the pump situation where the price was incorrect I believe one of the managers have to change that and I certainly wouldn't go in there and say "gee I think your numbers are wrong please change it so I can pay more" lol.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:08 AM   #94
ms_terese
Quote:
I certainly wouldn't go in there and say "gee I think your numbers are wrong please change it so I can pay more" lol.
Really? I would have pointed out the inconsistency in case it was an error, even though I realize it would cost me more money. Of course, when cashiers give me the wrong change back, I tell them too.

I realize it was someone else's responsibility to make sure it was correct, but I always try to put myself in the other person's shoes. I don't subscribe to situational ethics.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:33 AM   #95
Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_terese
Really? I would have pointed out the inconsistency in case it was an error, even though I realize it would cost me more money. Of course, when cashiers give me the wrong change back, I tell them too.

I realize it was someone else's responsibility to make sure it was correct, but I always try to put myself in the other person's shoes. I don't subscribe to situational ethics.
LOL on gas, if I see something on sale like that (gas) I go for it, sometimes gas stations do go way down and it is even advertised on the radio to go to a certain gas station.
Nope I would not go in and question, although if a cashier has forgotten to add something under the cart or gave me wrong change that I do say, I would not walk out like that. Just like I am one to look at my receipts and let them know if they owe me.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:40 AM   #96
ms_terese
Quote:
LOL on gas, if I see something on sale like that (gas) I go for it, sometimes gas stations do go way down and it is even advertised on the radio to go to a certain gas station.
I didn't read this as if it was a sale, but rather that one price was advertised and likely a $1 per gallon mistake was made on the pump.

Old 05-20-2007, 12:44 AM   #97
Stardust
That is how I looked at it, I look for sales and the cheapest gas and I listen for stations that do this. So whatever gas I find is the cheapest at whatever station I go to, I don't go in to ask I just put my card in and get my gas. That is why I said earlier in the thread I only had two choices to chose from the other day.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:02 AM   #98
Dragondad
I have been tracking certain data for a few months and the recent price jump reflected something, Cant get the chart to show but here is a link.

I find it intersting that the oil is the same or actually less than a month ago but look at the price of gas....

oh this chart isnt mine i have the data if you need it but the results are the same
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/phot...cat/500/page/1

Old 05-20-2007, 06:32 AM   #99
kmurphy
Quote:
I agree Therese, I would have told them also. I remember one time my daughter was at a bowling alley and the kids discovered that a $1 change machine would incorrectly give you back change for $5. So all the kids were getting their dollars changed. I had her give the money that she got back, apologize and tell the owner which machine etc. I really don't see where this is any different.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!