Delta Dash EXPERIENCE need to VENT! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 01-19-2005, 02:22 AM   #1
MattP
Delta Dash EXPERIENCE need to VENT!

Hi,

I'm very upset right now and need to VENT! I bought a beautiful Albino Boa 100% het for Stripe..... it even showed some striping. It was produced by Pete Kahl and it was beautiful. The seller and I agreed to have it shipped Delta Dash on Sunday the 16th. I work on Sunday so I was planning to go pick it up after work. I went home first to check my emails, and the seller told me that the only flight coming to my airport was scheduled to arrive around 9:15 pm and it takes about 45 minutes to get the snake to the Delta Dash desk. So, I got to the airport at 9:55 pm............ and went to the Delta baggage claim area. The guy at the counter told me I had to go to cargo, to pick up my snake. I had only been to this airport once, and had no idea where cargo was......... It was on the other side of the airport. I drove around the airport twice, and still could not find cargo...... I had to ask three different people before I found Cargo. these people did not no how to give proper directions.

I finally found Cargo at about 10:45 pm, guess what.......... It was closed (closed at 10:30pm)! But, there was guy inside who came to the door (At this point I thought YES! I caught him before he left........) Well, the guy opened the door and told me to come back in the morning, when they are open. They open at 5:00 am. I thought bullshiz, I drove an hour and half to this airport....... and I NEED MY SNAKE! I told the dude that I just need my package and I would go. I also told him that the snake was $1500.00 and it would die from the cold if I don't get it! He refused............ MOTHER F@#%er! I was pissed! HE WAS HOLDING THE PACKAGE TWO FEET INFRONT OF ME!!! Well, all I could do was go home and drive back in the morning.

Well, you all know what happened.......... I went to the counter, signed for the package, and opened it................. IT WAS DEAD!!!! The supervisor felt very bad for me, and wrote on the label DEAD ON ARRIVAL. He gave me a claims form and told me to send all my reciepts, pictures and forms, to the Atanta office. I have sent the forms, and now I'm waiting for a response from Delta.

Has anyone sent claims forms to Delta Dash? How long did it take for you to get your money?

Thanks,
Matt

Old 01-19-2005, 01:34 PM   #2
David R.
Sad situation! I'm very sorry to read about your Delta experience. I know you feel it was bad enough getting wrong directions then arriving at the cargo office just 15 minutes late only to be told by the guy that was still there that you would just have to come back in the morning. Then you go back the following morning to discover a dead snake! As, I already said, that's sad, not only for snake, but "ALL" parties involved. But...........,
please remember there is always three sides to every "story/situation"! There's Delta's side, your side, and the right side! This is my policy that I follow to the letter at my primary place of business. This business in non herp related, but I'm pretty sure I would follow the same policy if my herp business was open to the public. I close my business at 6m. The door is locked at 6:01. If a person knocks on the door at 6:01pm or after, I don't even go to the door, much less open it! I have a camera with a two way speaker system. If they continue to knock, using the speaker, I tell them they will need to come back during my "business" hours. I even had people tell me that they were there and wanted to spend $5,000.00 plus, if I would only open the door! My response is still NO, NO, NO! I was forced to make this policy of not opening my door after hours, after being held up at at "gunpoint" by going to the door after hours. I even had a police "investigator" come to the door once flashing his badge. He was not in uniform, nor was he driving a "marked" car. He said he was seeking info on a recent crime at a neighboring business. I advised him I would be more that happy to open the door and speak with him, BUT only if he radioed for a uniformed officer to come out in a "marked" car. He gladly did so. The only other time I will open my door "after hours" is for an "established" customer or someone I already know, and then I only open it, if I'm expecting you!

Now, back to your "Delta" situation. You have to remember, 9/11 changed everything for the airlines. Not only for passengers, but for cargo also. I would ask that you consider cutting Delta a little slack in this situation. Chances are he was just following orders and was not allowed to let people in or conduct any business "after hours.

Thank you.

David Rivers

Old 01-20-2005, 10:46 PM   #3
dzoo
Shipping

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the snake was healthy and properly packed, spending the night in the cargo office shouldn't have killed it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!