Good Guy Tim Koppenhofer/Special K Reptiles...great transaction!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #11
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlhouse23 View Post
at the White Plains show Sunday. We originally wanted a female enchi breeder but he was already in negotiations with someone about her and respectfully gave him first dibs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls View Post
those enchis he was selling, he just got at the cleveland show. They may be awsome healthy snakes, but in his care for less then a few days....... Absolutely no way he knows if they are feeding regular or any other issues. Everyone on here screams about flipping and everyone KNOWS Tim wheels and deals, but this is flipping pure and simple. Make your own assumptions (you know what they say about assuming)
I'll play along.
I was contacted, by Tim, on Friday evening (1/21). He was getting things ready to leave for White Plains the next morning, and he had seen an I placed regarding animals I would be looking for at the show. He told me he had just picked up a 1300g enchi female; and said if I was interested he would bring her to the show. The discussion/negotiation took place over a period of 2 hrs at the show; as Tim had a steady stream of customers, and I had another matter that required my attention.

I'm not one that gripes about flippers - there are good ones, and bad ones. I was aware from the start that this was a new acquisition; Tim was able to tell me what she was eating (and she ate the first meal I offered because I acknowledged that information); and he asked for feeding info on the snakes that were involved in our trade. I fail to see why some people choose to rail on the fact that Tim flips animals, when he is honest about it. Does he tell every potential customer where his snakes came from, and how long he's had them? Probably not...but I did witness him telling several walkups that he hadn't had the snake they were asking about very long, and he needed to check his information to give them an accurate answer. To me, that says a good deal about how Tim does business - I've purchased from breeders that didn't reveal feeding idiosyncrasies, but a condemned flipper does? Go figure.

It's all about choice. If one is onboard with only buying directly from breeders, good for them - I would never criticize them for their choice.
By the same token, if a buyer is okay with purchasing from a flipper, middleman, reseller, whatever you want to call them; I don't have a problem with that, either. (I'm obviously willing to do so, so I wouldn't have much of a platform to argue from, lol.) Maybe I'm getting old, or maybe somebody slipped started slipping a healthy dose of Live and let live into my breakfast cereal, but why do the flipper haters need to jump in to cast a shadow on a group of people talking about transactions they are happy with? At least keep it in context - wait until people are griping, then swoop in with anti-flipper doctrine and convert the victims to the <xxxx>. Bet you could probably get them to wear a t-shirt or hat at the next show

Old 01-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #12
hhmoore
*oops
Quote:
maybe somebody slipped started slipping
That first slipped was supposed to be invisible. I'm going to have to reprimand my proofreader/editor.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
dustinNMpythons
I got a pastel axanthic female from Tim last summer off of KS and she came in looking AWESOME! I would do business with him again any time.

Old 01-27-2011, 01:28 PM   #14
dustinNMpythons
WOW harald I had to look up the word idiosyncrasies haha but no I agree 100% with everything you said. There's no need associating a person who has a clean record with doing something wrong. I've heard nothing but good things from Tim and my transaction with him went awesome. I traded a male pied plus cash for a pastel axanthic female. Even if he buys from people to resell he obviously does his research and checks out the animals because there isn't any complaints so far.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #15
bullies&balls
If you saw my next post I stated that I had and have no issues with Tim, and if the fact that the animals were newly aquired has provided to the buyer then GREAT. There was NO slamming on anyone. Just stating facts.

Old 01-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #16
dahlhouse23
Well said Harald. Good luck with that enchi, she was nice looking!

Old 01-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #17
Rainbowboaman
Bob Pitt, You claim you have no ill feelings or issues with Tim yet you felt it necessary to chime in on this good guy thread in an attempt to turn a happy customer of Tim's into an unhappy one. You posted in a good guy post about Tim that you purchased several snakes from Tim & that he has always done you right but since then (4-9-2010), you seem to like to ad negative posts about him on 3 different threads even though you had nothing to do with the deals in the mentioned threads.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #18
bullies&balls
Chris Pearson, just becasue your his buddy you chime in ? I added nothing but an opinion to a thread. I have stated that I have bougth animals from him and also that one time I had an issue he made right. So, where is your logic ? Looks like your being a troll or just putting your nose in something. What have I said that was false or wrong ? Wasn't trying to convert a customer (reaching a little aren't ya ?) If you look on my post I KNOW the people that I comment on. The only reason I comment on a thread is that I have had or do have knowledge or dealings with someone in the thread. Anymore Logic you care to throw Chris Pearson, you can pm me to stop hijacking this thread.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:20 PM   #19
dustinNMpythons
Look guys save it for the PM's, theres no point in making this another 500 page thread. Bob was stating a point that he has done business with Tim and happens to know that Tim sometimes acts as a middle man no harm no foul. Theres only happy customers from him and Bob brings about another good point in the fact that even if something does go wrong he obviously does right by his customers by fixing whatever issue may arrise. End of story. Man why is there so many people who have something in common on a reptile forum get along so poorly?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!