Bad Guy Tim Koppenhofer Special K Reptiles - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:03 PM   #41
TheVipersHouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielsherp View Post
No no no...... We had talked on friday and saturday as he was my best buddy.... When he denied he owed me money then snatched his pants up,raised his voice and started throwing his hands in the air.... Then I got the attitude......

Well since you think it's Ok to sell missexed animals why should we even put the sex's on the price? Here is a het pied for one price , you buy it I'll ship it to you . you sex it when it when you get it, b/c sex shouldn't matter and then don't call me when it's not the sex you want. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Your telling me if I paid $70,000 for a banana male and I find out it's a female 3 months later and I can buy females for 15k that its ok because I should have sexed the animal are you serious? I just lost $55,000 because I should have sexed the animal...... COME ON!
not 1 time have i ever said its ok to sell a mis-sexed snake , i said people make mistakes .
of all the snakes (correctly sexed ) i have seen him sell if it was in fact mis-sexed it was not intentional . every snake i have ever seen him pull off his table he has always poped it on the spot for the customer buying it

and if your buying a 70k animal you better be smart enough to double check it on the spot or have it checked .

just out of curiosity how did you come to the conclusion that it was male ?
i ask this cause
its already been seen by alot of other breeders (not only myself ) i have talked to at shows .

that males when ready will attempt to breed other males and
also the same with females . when they are in the moment i have at shows seen 2 females with tails curled like they were breeding, and they do this cause of the rubbing satisfies them i have been told ..

did you see hemipenes ? did you have it probed ? or was it poped ?

Old 10-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #42
Danielsherp
Let me just say this I NEVER WANTED A REPLACEMENT ANIMAL. I wanted my money back he declined and offered credit and trying to be resonable I agreed.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #43
Danielsherp
Continued......
He offered credit because he claimed he didn't cover his expenses for the show.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #44
TheVipersHouse
Just funny that i found this on a search .

Murphy's Laws of Snake Breeding
put up by Serpenco.com

heres the link

http://www.serpenco.com/text/murphy.html

just say this and had to post it wether it be babies or adults it still shows what i was saying .

Quote:
1.All of the snakes you obtain will not be properly sexed.
Everyone makes mistakes. Sexing baby snakes is not the easiest thing in the world to do. Anyone who has told you that they have never made a mistake sexing a snake does not stay in contact with past customers.

When you get your snakes, check the sexes immediately. It's a little embarrassing for both of you to have to call your supplier back two years later to tell them about the error. Plus you have just lost two years needlessly from your breeding plans with those snakes.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #45
Montoya
Why didn't you get something in writing from him for the credit? After all this time it boils down to his word against yours and you have nothing to support this. I do agree that mistakes happen and you should verify in a reasonable amount of time. I'm not questioning your integrity here, but there are people out there I'm sure who would try and pull a switch later. If you dont do alot of business or have a stellar reputation in the business, how is the breeder to know if it is legit down the road? Just my thoughts on this.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #46
Danielsherp
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVipersHouse View Post
not 1 time have i ever said its ok to sell a mis-sexed snake , i said people make mistakes .
of all the snakes (correctly sexed ) i have seen him sell if it was in fact mis-sexed it was not intentional . every snake i have ever seen him pull off his table he has always poped it on the spot for the customer buying it

and if your buying a 70k animal you better be smart enough to double check it on the spot or have it checked .

just out of curiosity how did you come to the conclusion that it was male ?
i ask this cause
its already been seen by alot of other breeders (not only myself ) i have talked to at shows .

that males when ready will attempt to breed other males and
also the same with females . when they are in the moment i have at shows seen 2 females with tails curled like they were breeding, and they do this cause of the rubbing satisfies them i have been told ..

did you see hemipenes ? did you have it probed ? or was it poped ?
When I went to breed the "female" I put a proven male in and they went to thrashing and combating. I pulled the "female" out then probed her/him found out it was a him. Then when I took the snake to Tim he poped the animal at the show with a reply " yep that's a boy".

Old 10-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #47
Danielsherp
SO now we are all saying now you can purchase a animal and be the bad guy. Right?

A 10 year old kid goes to this guy buys a het ghost female he saved all his money cutting grass for this summer cause he wants to breed balls and produce something cool and it's the little kids fault that "THE SELLER" missexed the animal.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #48
Danielsherp
I have nothing else to say...... I said what I had to say

I discused this issue at Tinley with some of the biggest breeders in the U.S
There was no question from them "it's his fault/he needs to make it right"

When I purchased my animals this weekend from Tim Bailey,Marc Bailey, Brian and Lori, Mark and Kim Bell and Sean Bradley THEY ALL %100 Garauntee SEX.

I am done with him and this transaction.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:32 PM   #49
Steveboos
Daniel, I'm definitely on your side and it seems as a lot of people in this thread are trying to say it's ok to sell a Misrepresented animal, which is definitely not the case.

I have bought from Tim before, he seems to have everything down as far as a business. But also in that time he has made some mistakes because of the volume he deals with, so it really seems odd to me he wouldn't make things right.

I think it's funny that this guy deals in Ball Pythons that are a couple thousand dollars, yet he wont give you a measly $275 back for a snake that was mis-sexed in the first place. This is all HIS fault and HE needed to make it right, but HE decided not to, what else can you do???

Old 10-13-2010, 08:22 PM   #50
cursedj
I don’t think anyone has said it’s ok to sell a misrepresented snake, only that it happens … It’s one thing to bring the snake back that day (of the show) or email, call etc within a week or two , but 3 months later …. How would he even know if it’s in fact the same animal? That looks like any other ball python in the world, could anyone really tell?

I can’t imagine anyone would take a snake back that has been in an unknown persons collection for months and re introduce it back into their collection, not that I’m knocking the OP about husbandry … but how would you know what that animal was exposed to…. By accident.

Credit …. Would be the way to handle this in my opinion, within a reasonable time frame.

And there should be some kind of receipt stating that there’s a credit owed regardless of who you buy it from , instead of “ well he told me” which could be easily misinterpreted in each other’s minds.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!