Inquiry underground reptile - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
shocker123
Unhappy underground reptile

has anyone done business with this company? i just recived an order from them that was packed horribly the "heat pack" was cold and so were my snakes on top of that they were no where near as big as i was told they would be. just curious if anyone else has had good/bad deals or this is a one time fluke.
ryan henderson

Old 01-21-2011, 09:58 PM   #2
Markm0723
I've never done business with them, but if you do a search, there are numerous posts. They should help. Sorry to hear of your bad experience.

Mark Mercier

Old 01-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #3
The BoidSmith
They have posted some really nice animals. This winter is really going to be particularly hard on those that don't have experience with shipping in cold weather, and don't follow flawless shipping practices (boxes + 40h warmers). Depending on which carrier they used the hub was very likely quite cold overnight, not to mention temperatures at origin and destination (which were?). Precut styro-lined boxes are not good enough for this kind of weather, it's far better to go for the one-piece cooler type (1" thick), even if it's recycled.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:52 PM   #4
shocker123
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith View Post
They have posted some really nice animals. This winter is really going to be particularly hard on those that don't have experience with shipping in cold weather, and don't follow flawless shipping practices (boxes + 40h warmers). Depending on which carrier they used the hub was very likely quite cold overnight, not to mention temperatures at origin and destination (which were?). Precut styro-lined boxes are not good enough for this kind of weather, it's far better to go for the one-piece cooler type (1" thick), even if it's recycled.
you got it pre cut styro only1/2 inch thick box way too big and only 1 heat pack which was cold so no help there.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #5
fishnfool73
Have you let Ryan know about this yet ? I go to the shop often and he has always been a stand up guy there or at shows. Voice your displeasure to him and I hope he makes it right by you.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:22 AM   #6
jmugleston
I just received an order from them this week. All the animals were packed adequately and arrived in good shape. The females were bigger than expected and locked up with my males that night. We were a bit cold on this end (less than 32 degrees F) and everything arrived in great shape. They've been added to my list of dealers I will continue to buy from.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:36 AM   #7
Dustan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmugleston View Post
I just received an order from them this week. All the animals were packed adequately and arrived in good shape. The females were bigger than expected and locked up with my males that night. We were a bit cold on this end (less than 32 degrees F) and everything arrived in great shape. They've been added to my list of dealers I will continue to buy from.

Nice quarantine practice!

Judging by the fact you've posted on this thread, I'm guessing that you've read the multiple stories regarding diseases, and bugs that are so easily transmitted? It's people like you whom spread disease throughout the hobby.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #8
hhmoore
Let's stop this tangent before it gets any further....
This thread is about Underground Reptiles, not about the husbandry practices of a satisfied customer.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #9
shocker123
glad to hear others have been pleased i am not out to bash them just simply stating the facts that happend to me. and when i contacted them they were not very helpfull gave me bad info on breeding size and also stated that my snake could have a cold not a RI from the poor shipping fogive me if i am wrong but i hought they were one in the same?

Old 01-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #10
shocker123
P.S. no the person was not the owner but do not rember their name. i have heard good things about the owner its just too bad i seems he is the only good working there

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!