Bad Guy Leslie Buchanan / Slash - Possible IBD Danger - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #21
bayoucityboas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890 View Post
Okay.
This statement was a knee jerk response to this Leslie / Slash issue, as well as some other recent threads and post's that I have been hearing / reading.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=223071

I want to apologize to all of the "Good Guy's / Gal's" in the Texas Herp community that I may have offended with that post.
I am aware that there are "Bad Guy's / Gal's" here in Florida (as well as every other State,) and I would not appreciate being lumped in with them, or making anyone's DNBFOST list simply because I reside in the Sunshine State.
Thanks for that, there really are great animals that come from texas.
With absolutely professional breeders here that take great pride in there work and projects.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #22
Keys & Kritterz
Somebody correct me if im wrong please, but from what i've heard about IBD is that boas can carry this disease for years and have no effect on them. A local breeder here told me if you put a baby ball in with them, they will die within 3 months of coming in contact with the other snake.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #23
reticguy76
that is neither correct nor purely incorrect

Old 01-26-2011, 04:24 PM   #24
Keys & Kritterz
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
that is neither correct nor purely incorrect
Sorry meant to say boas can carry for years before they die. Not questioning you just wondering if the ball method is true?

Old 01-26-2011, 05:10 PM   #25
reticguy76
one of the theories is that ball pythons and burms have a really tough time with ibd infections. there have been different papers and studies done on this, and from what i have read/seen, ball pythons get hit really nasty with it (although they have pretty much been mostly just informative papers and studies, nothing "official" nor concrete)

Old 01-26-2011, 05:47 PM   #26
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK890 View Post
Okay.
This statement was a knee jerk response to this Leslie / Slash issue, as well as some other recent threads and post's that I have been hearing / reading.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=223071

I want to apologize to all of the "Good Guy's / Gal's" in the Texas Herp community that I may have offended with that post.
I am aware that there are "Bad Guy's / Gal's" here in Florida (as well as every other State,) and I would not appreciate being lumped in with them, or making anyone's DNBFOST list simply because I reside in the Sunshine State.
Thank you.

Old 01-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #27
ShadowAceD
If a boa is carrying the disease asymptomatically, it is actually that the virus is inactive. Like any dormant virus, it can be passed on, but likely only through fluid transmission or direct contact to whatever the virus contacts.

Once the virus activates, it destroys whatever it activates in. Boas seem to take much longer for the progression of the virus to kill them which is why some researches believe boas are the original carriers of the disease, not the pythons.

There is no set time frame from time of contraction to time of death. Ball Pythons are almost like "canaries" to the virus, but there are so many variables, no oen can say for sure.

But, again, none of this is yet exact and none of it is set in stone.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:28 PM   #28
Clay Davenport
This is a BOI thread, not the place to discuss IBD in general. Let's keep this on topic and take questions about IBD to an appropriate forum.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!