Photographing your Pituophis - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
homegrownherps
Arrow Photographing your Pituophis

Whats everyones best method for photographing their pits ?

Old 09-03-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
hhmoore
I like to wait until they are just coming out of the egg, lol, seems to be the best time...otherwise, they aren't too cooperative about staying still, so I limit them to boxed shots. I would love to do some out in the yard, but once I lift them out and set them down again, they are in GO mode - I suppose I could try tranquilizers (for them, not me)

Old 09-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #3
hhmoore
I KNOW that Alicia takes pics of hers (even though she didn't enter them in the photo contest <pokes at Alicia with finger>)...maybe she will share.

Old 09-03-2007, 02:38 PM   #4
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I KNOW that Alicia takes pics of hers (even though she didn't enter them in the photo contest <pokes at Alicia with finger>)...maybe she will share.
.........there was a PHOTO CONTEST AND NOONE TOLD ME!? *Pokes Harald AND Jim with two fingers EXTRA hard* WTF Mates!!!!!

I get photos of her, by putting her on something she has to hold on to. * last good ones came from her on my black computer chair*

They arent tree snakes, but i know they can use their tails kinda to grip, so just stick em in a tree or a shrub ( Hold on to them anyway please... i dont want peoples bullsnakes lost to my silly advice!) it seems to Counter them wanting to go go go and makes them have to figure out how to get down first. " how am i gonna get off of this thing so i can gogogo!?"

is the contest still......active? *goes to look*

*edit, warning random off topicness, cause... thats what i do*
mmmm my avatar looks SWEEEET! /random edit cause i needed to be all smug for a moment.

*edit #2*

Nooooooooooooooooooo! it died in AUGUST! :*( Do another! i have pit-ures that are cute! *goes to take more*

Old 09-03-2007, 09:03 PM   #5
homegrownherps
The Photo contest ( if you want to call it that ) was up for about 3 months and the only entry was Harold. I thought there were a lot more pit owners out there.... I guessed wrong. I would put it back up if I knew more people would post pics. You, me and Harold only make three ....we need more !

Old 09-03-2007, 09:04 PM   #6
hhmoore
I was gonna say - another round or two, and you would have to declare me the winner by default

Old 09-03-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
homegrownherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
I was gonna say - another round or two, and you would have to declare me the winner by default

Sure ...your prize ..... A Pro Exotics Temp Gun

Old 09-03-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
hhmoore

can I pick the model?

Old 09-03-2007, 09:10 PM   #9
hhmoore
whatsa matter - you don't like the PE-2?

Old 09-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #10
hhmoore
Jim, Alicia says she is going to pimp the photo contest...I'll assume that she meant she is going to spread the word and encourage people to post, lol. Gonna give it one more shot? (I promise I won't post my pic first, this time...I know it was a cute pic, and don't want to scare off the possible competition, lol. Besides, if some really good shots come in, I might have to bring in the big guns and enter a different one)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!