My dog is afraid of lamb meat.....?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #1
garweft
My dog is afraid of lamb meat.....??

We have a local greek food festival every year in town going on so I decided to take the wife down to pick up something for dinner and to get a big box of assorted pastries....Yum.

My wife got a roasted chicken dinner and I went for the leg of lamb. We had our kids so we took everything home to eat. When we were done I went offer the dog our leftovers and to my shock she didn't want anything to do with the lamb. She finished off what was left of the chicken, but wouldn't touch the lamb.

Not only wouldn't she touch it, she was freaked out to be in the same room as it. She would gingerly smell it and then duck and run away with her tail between her legs. I googled it and saw some others had the same experience. Of course no one knows for sure why, but might have something to do with the herding breeds.

My dog, like most, never turns her nose up to any type of meat. She's had venison, and of course pork, beef, chicken, turkey, fish, etc... So my question is has anyone else had the same experience? I also heard that dogs that do that are also likely to have the same response to bone meal fertilizer.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!