Wanted Vermiculite - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Old 10-24-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
runyon_0509
Vermiculite

Can anyone tell me a decent place to get vermiculite? Also looking for tips on whether to get coarse or fine, procedures, etc. Thanks!
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
RichZ
Home Depot

Old 10-25-2010, 01:28 AM   #3
heathacat
Lowe's and any plant/garden type store (e.g. Armstrong's) would sell it

Old 11-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
Ostiguy
Got this from Lowes and it works good for me
Attached Images

Old 11-01-2010, 09:59 PM   #5
runyon_0509
Thanks a ton. Prolly go pick that up soon.
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #6
RichZ
I stopped using vermiculite and started using Hatch-Rite for my eggs and will never go back to vermiculite. You dont have to mix water with hatch-rite. Its already moisture infused and keeps eggs hydrated during entire incubation time. Even though the manufacturer doesnt recomend it, I even re-used some 3 times and never had to add water! I hatched tons of beardies,kings, corns and it even kept chondro eggs dry yet hydrated.

Old 11-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #7
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichZ View Post
I stopped using vermiculite and started using Hatch-Rite for my eggs and will never go back to vermiculite. You dont have to mix water with hatch-rite. Its already moisture infused and keeps eggs hydrated during entire incubation time. Even though the manufacturer doesnt recomend it, I even re-used some 3 times and never had to add water! I hatched tons of beardies,kings, corns and it even kept chondro eggs dry yet hydrated.
Were you able to find it locally?

Old 11-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #8
RichZ
Bought it online. just google it and you'll find some dealers. Its cost a few bucks more than plain vermiculite but wel worth the money with the zero maintenence the product needs. Vermiculite is such a pain in the butt! I always end up putting too much or not enough water.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:17 PM   #9
Tim Cole
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichZ View Post
Except for the chondro egss...same here!

I've reused it as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!