Is It Too Late for Us????????? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #11
6y0ballpython
thanks for the advice. My gut feeling was to let it wait a year and breed him next year once he's gained some weight. He's gaining so slowly though. I feed him three mice a week (that's all he'll take) or he'd regurge. He's only gained about a hundred grams since April/06. That's not very much compared to the huge increase in diet he's had since we've owned him. I know that slow and steady is better than fast and furious, but if he doesn't reach the 1000g mark by this time next year, I will be worried. He has grown in length and all, but still is very small for a seven year old. It's just too bad that the people who owned him didn't think to increase his diet as he grew. They were feeding him what the pet store told them to when they bought him as a jeuvenille. I think I will wait. She just seems to keep on gaining weight. She gets four mice a week and usually wants more. she's gained 155g since Sept.22. One more thing....both of my snakes drink alot of water. I see them drink every two days, big long sucks each time. When they pee, they soak their towels (about every two weeks). Is this normal? My humidity is a little low (50%'s), but they seem to be compensating by drinking. I mist everything daily, have two bowls of wet moss in each cage, big water bowls, and good temps (90s on warm end, 80s on cool end). I had just lowered it to maybe get some "lovin'" going on. Thanks for all your advice.
When that many people agree with each other, it's obvious that it's the correct answer.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:07 PM   #12
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I feed him three mice a week (that's all he'll take) or he'd regurge. He's only gained about a hundred grams since April/06.
Mhhhh??? Are the stools normal colored and of adequate consistency? It might be worth checking them for parasites.

Quote:
She gets four mice a week and usually wants more. she's gained 155g since Sept.22. One more thing....both of my snakes drink alot of water. I see them drink every two days, big long sucks each time. When they pee, they soak their towels (about every two weeks). Is this normal? My humidity is a little low (50%'s), but they seem to be compensating by drinking. I mist everything daily, have two bowls of wet moss in each cage, big water bowls, and good temps (90s on warm end, 80s on cool end). I had just lowered it to maybe get some "lovin'" going on. Thanks for all your advice.
Yes, they will drink more if the environment is on the dry side.

Good luck!

Old 11-29-2006, 04:02 AM   #13
6y0ballpython
damn good thinking! I never thought of that. it would make sense why he's not gaining weight faster. He has a shed coming up soon. I think the stool has to be fresh in order to test it. I'll talk to my vet to see if I can bring in a sample as soon as it's been laid so we can get an adequate reading. Thanks for the idea.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!