Is this an internal parasite??? If you have a weak stomach don't look... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-03-2006, 02:55 AM   #1
6y0ballpython
Is this an internal parasite??? If you have a weak stomach don't look...

[SIZE=2]I am sorry for the graphic pictures here, but if anyone has seen anything like this before, please help. Monty....my male pooped tonight and I found this little thing sticking out of the end of the last piece of poo. I pulled it out of the lump of poo and layed it on top next to a stick pin for size comparison. There wasn't any movement or signs of life, but it looks like a worm to me doesn't it?....and a big one at that. It's about an inch long.Or it could be a mouse tendon. Who knows. I put the entire sample in a double plastic baggie and put it in the fridge to take to the vet on Monday. I sorta hope it is something so I can treat him for it and get some serious weight gaining going on this guy. If it is a worm/parasite, then it is quite large and would explain why he isn't gaining any weight on 3-4 mice a week. [/size]

ENJOY!!!

HERE'S ONE MORE FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE....

I Hope I'm not the first or the last person to post a picture of their snake's poo online. My husband was shaking his head at me all night as I was trying to get that "perfect" picture to post. I just mainly want to get some weight on this little guy and I trust the opinions of the people on this site so much. we will be going to the vet on Monday tho.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:11 AM   #2
barbie69
I am not in any way a vet nor do I have tons of experience with poo but it kinda looks like a normal poo to me . I see all sorts of pieces of mouse come out in my snakes feces and sometimes I swear they poop out mouse tails!! LOL
I really hope Monty feels better soon!

Old 12-03-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
Casey Hulse
It does not look like a worm to me, but a "good" vet would be able to tell. How old is Monte? It looks kinda like a sperm plug to me, was it inside the feces or just stuck to it?

Old 12-03-2006, 10:25 AM   #4
markface
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse
It does not look like a worm to me, but a "good" vet would be able to tell. How old is Monte? It looks kinda like a sperm plug to me, was it inside the feces or just stuck to it?
i was thinking the same thing . looks like a sperm plug . i could easily be wrong though . a good herp vet would be your best bet if you feel that your snake is not gaining weight properly .

Old 12-03-2006, 04:43 PM   #5
6y0ballpython
If it's a sperm plug then I am very happy because then that means he is fertile and wants to mate. I know nothing about sperm plugs. It was not embedded in the poop like a mouse part or a worm. It was just sort of laying within the poop at the very end of the poop. Monty is 7 years old. Never mated. Just put him in with his first female about 3 weeks ago and since then he won't eat. What is a sperm plug? I'll do some reading......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!