Bad Guy Gotfatbob. paid for tort he never sent. gotfatbob@hotmal.com - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:03 AM   #11
Robert Walker
Good job digging and helping out Alexander and Chris.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #12
juliasara
Apparently he is the vice president of that Asian market!
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #13
juliasara
And also uses the alias Jaturong Karayasit.
Attached Images

Old 11-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #14
yeloowtang
hope it works out for you, but for now, if you used a credit card to fund the transaction, your bank can do a charge back, then paypall will lock his account and get their $$ back from him..

best of luck

Old 11-13-2014, 07:06 PM   #15
Ectothermicfauna
thanks for the help

(Its April Linkfield again- keeping the mods happy )

Thanks for the help and condolences guys. I didnt even think about the chargeback. It was paid for by paypal using bank account funds. I dont know if it can still be done being that it was well over a year ago now.

Interesting to note that this person keeps aliases. Why would someone need aliases? just a thought.

Im actually glad to hear that (whatever his real name is) has some positive posts. Makes me think that maybe his business practices have improved dramatically & he's not just stealing from people anymore. I will certainly never do business with him again though. "Slap me twice" as the old addage goes.

To be honest when I read that other "gotfatbob" boi endorsement I kind of thought that it was him authoring it in order to scam other people like I was. I certainly wouldnt put it past him. That is of course, my opinion, based off of my one & only experience with..... well, whatever he's calling himself these days.

I'm glad that one of you linked this to whomever is believed to be him. I'm really curious to see if he'll respond to this, but naturally im not holding my breath.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #16
Occidentalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ectothermicfauna View Post
Interesting to note that this person keeps aliases. Why would someone need aliases? just a thought.
For what it's worth, a large number of Asian immigrants do adopt a number of names - sometimes Americanized, to try to integrate into the local environment a little better. A single alias like "Got" may not be out of the ordinary. I would say though, that the number of aliases that are being uncovered is peculiar, at least in my experience. It's likely that we aren't seeing the whole picture - I am looking forward to a response from Got!

Old 11-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #17
gila7150
I attached a photo of the guy in case he decides to go by a third name.
I would consider posting a link to this thread to every Facebook group he subscribes to ( i.e. Florida Reptile Classifieds, Western Hognose Breeders, etc. ) If someone stole from me I'd make them famous for it.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #18
Occidentalis
Chris, I thought this one with an infamous convicted wildlife smuggler and overall "Bad Guy" was a little more fitting.
Attached Images

Old 11-13-2014, 11:48 PM   #19
Ectothermicfauna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalis View Post
For what it's worth, a large number of Asian immigrants do adopt a number of names - sometimes Americanized, to try to integrate into the local environment a little better.
I just wanted to say to occidentalis in response to this quote, that what you said there makes a lot of sense, and I appreciate your perspective. Even things that look black & white often times are still grey and your pointing that out helps us all to avoid "group think". I have a lot of respect for those who arent afraid to play devil's advocate. It takes courage to point out the exception when everyone else it seems has already made up their minds. The world could use more like you.

I realize that the telling of these occurances tend to trigger feelings in the readers of when they too were treated poorly by someone else. Its not my intention to create a situation of bad mouthing this person and having others gang up on him as well, so perhaps my insinuation that he shouldnt need aliases was a bit culturally insensitive. Truth is, I'm white and my perspective is as such. I dont know what its like to be anything but white enough to fully understand their motivations, so I do fully apologize if I may have offended anyone who is just trying to fit in. You are most certainly welcome by me.

People can become "tribal" in a way and lose sight of why they got worked up in the first place. In this case, I think its just that herpers are passionate people in general, everyone hates getting ripped off, and we have enough troubles in the industry as it is. We all dont want this kind of behavior in the industry regardless of what your name or ethnic background is.

I admit ive been a bit snarky but I dont feel I misrepresented the situation either. I was dealt a crappy hand. Still I dont believe the BOI is meant to be simply a people's court. I don't want to attack this guy or "sick people on him". I feel he should have the breathing room to explain himself in this, and I truly hope he does.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #20
Occidentalis
No problem April, happy to offer prospective. Have you heard anything? Per his profile page, he last logged in on the 15th of November. I expected to have heard something from him by now.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!