Awesome Shipping Company! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
Hermits-Direct
Awesome Shipping Company!

Hey everyone, I'm not sure if you all have heard of Golden State Overnight, but they are a great shipping company for packages being shipped within California, Arizona, and Neveda! Best of all, overnight packages start at $11.00 for a 1 pound package! I know this all sounds like an advertisement, but I have had nothing but great experiences with this company! I have been shipping with them for about 2 years now, and have never had one package delivered late, and all packages are delivered to my business at 8:30 in the morning, and when i ship to my customers, they get to their house by 10:30 AM! I had my first problem yesterday when I called in a pickup, and their computers crashed and were'nt able to contact the driver. I called them this morning, they apologized, picked up the package, and had one of their workers personally drive the package to San Francisco so the animals wouldn't spend another night in their box! I think this is great service. Their website says they dont accept live animals, but when I called they said they would accept mine- I ship hermit crabs. Their website is ww.gso.com if you want to take a look! Best of all, no airplanes are used! Everything is sent by truck!

Old 03-31-2005, 05:55 PM   #2
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermits-Direct
Best of all, no airplanes are used! Everything is sent by truck!
Haven't tried them, next time I ship dry goods I may look in to them. They don't ship live animals, so it's a moot point, but if they did it would be a definite no-no anyway, because they do all their shipping by trucks, come summer those trailers will be cooking hot.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:47 AM   #3
Hermits-Direct
They also do lots of their transporting through temperature controlled vans, and boxes that contain live animals are placed in with the driver so they're not stuck in the back of the truck!

Old 04-29-2005, 02:36 AM   #4
MorphTiles
still no reptiles or I would be jumping at the chance!

Old 07-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
valleysnakeguy
I just opened an account with GSO, they are now approved to ship reptiles and have had no problem using them so far.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:18 AM   #6
Flatlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by valleysnakeguy View Post
I just opened an account with GSO, they are now approved to ship reptiles and have had no problem using them so far.
You had to bump a 5 year old thread for that?

Old 07-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #7
WingedWolf
Since the company didn't previously ship reptiles, it would seem that he did have new information.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:01 PM   #8
Melinda
This company has a very limited shipping area.

Quote:
Service Area

Golden State Overnight offers Priority Overnight Delivery to every address in California and select regions of Western Nevada and Arizona. Nevada service area includes the metropolitan areas of Reno and Las Vegas. Arizona service area includes the metropolitan areas of Phoenix and Tucson. Please consult the Delivery Time Standards to determine service availability and guarantees for specific zip codes.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:12 PM   #9
valleysnakeguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlander View Post
You had to bump a 5 year old thread for that?
Yes, instead of starting a whole new thread on an existing topic. It was only logical, no?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!