Glorious Blue Eyes!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-30-2006, 01:57 PM   #11
Schlyne
Acutally snakes can have wrinkly eyecaps caused by low humidity.

Old 11-01-2006, 04:17 AM   #12
6y0ballpython
The humidity in her cage is just fine.....I keep it at about 70% in between sheds, and at about 80% during a shed time. I thought it was humidity when I first got her as well. When I purchased her two months ago, the eye looked wrinkly then as well. The people at Petland told me that she shed her eyecaps three weeks prior without any problems at all. I had to believe them, but in the back of my mind, I was convinced that she had retained eye cap. The left eye is in perfect condition. It's the right one that's got the road map on it. In the picture of the shed eye caps on page two of this thread, you can just barely see the wrinkles in the shed that are on her left eye. I believe that her wrinkly eye is due to damage sustained in the wild (she is a wc snake from Africa I believe) and/or simply the aging process. I know it's not a ret. eye cap because she shed it nicely with her last two sheds. She's lived with it just fine up until now and is able to strike at her prey nicely, so I don't bother with trying to make it better or trying to figure out what it is. If anyone has any suggestions to what causes a wrinkly eye, please let me know. I know she isn't dehydrated. I've put oil on it without any success. It's just a mystery that's all!!!.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!