Just exactly what does a sperm plug look like???? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #11
6y0ballpython
I don't think that "Wolitz" has anything to do with this thread....Nobody said it was a hair...You are mixed up maybe with another thread??? Anyways, thanks to everyone who responded so nicely. My question was answered undoubtedly. I am still taking him to the vet on the 13th here to have his poo checked for parasites anyways because he hasn't gained a gram since I purchased him 8 months ago and tripled his diet. something is going on here. Either he just uses what he needs to stay 500g and he's stunted because of so many years of being underfed, or he has parasites. His poo looks normal and isn't runny or anything. Also he doesn't poop anymore than he should. He is going into a shed right now. He's totally pink on his belly and has faded in color these past few days. Hopefully he'll have a better one than that first picture I posted. That was the day we picked him up from the old owners. They didn't provide him with proper humidity. I have since had some nice full sheds from him. Take care and I do try and answer as many questions as I can help with too!!!

Old 12-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #12
Cat_72
James Wollitz had posted on this thread, but because he was bypassing his suspension again, his posts were deleted. HE said that it was a clump of mouse or rat hair, and I responded. I did not know when his posts would be pulled, so I tried to clarify that it was not a clump of hair.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:50 AM   #13
The BoidSmith
Be careful not to overdo it with the moisture, particularly on the substrate. A pink belly can be the first sign of him developing belly rot!

Regards,

Dan

Old 12-13-2006, 04:47 AM   #14
6y0ballpython
No worries,thanks......he's on newspaper. He's definitely going into shed mode. His eyes are blue today and his color has dulled immensely. He goes to the vet tomorrow along with his poo sample. The sperm plug will go as well just so I can show the vet that he is producing them since I introduced him to the female almost a month ago. He is very skittish right now, doesn't want to be held and is still refusing to eat. what a weirdo he's being. I'll have more answers tomorrow I hope after our vet visit. Thanks for the clarification of the "Hair" issue. This guy is out to lunch....there's no way its hair. He needs his eyes examined because I've never seen jellied mouse hair before come out of a snake. No wonder hes been banned. Oops, I'm being mean...forgive me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!