I wanna know about the Jungle. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
mxracer4life
I wanna know about the Jungle.

Ok. So a jungle boa as we know is a incomplete dominant trait, with the "super jungle" being the Homozygous trait. Now from what I see, Jungles can be misleading, as it appears some people may call and aberrant patterned boa a "jungle". But my question is, when breeding a Jungle to a Jungle, what is the outcome? I am seeing litters of Jungle litters, but no mention of super jungles in the litter.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
Ok. So a jungle boa as we know is a incomplete dominant trait, with the "super jungle" being the dominant trait. Now from what I see, Jungles can be misleading, as it appears some people may call and aberrant patterned boa a "jungle". But my question is, when breeding a Jungle to a Jungle, what is the outcome? I am seeing litters of Jungle litters, but no mention of super jungles in the litter.
Yes there have been a lot of boas marked/sold as 'jungles' because they were aberrant, I haven't seen it as much lately though. True jungle boas can be traced back to Lars Brindle Sweedish stock; P. Kahl I believe imported some and as far as I know, a lot of the US stock comes from those breeding Kahl did.

I can't say for sure jungle x jungle because I have only seen a few people post full litter pics, but yes, that breeding produces the supers. If there's a jungle x jungle and no supers, I would be suspect that either one of the parents really isn't a jungle?

I'm still a few years away from making my own supers, can't wait!

Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
mxracer4life
This is the type of jungle I am familiar with.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2011, 02:43 PM   #4
mxracer4life
My "drab" jungle, from a jungle to jungle breeding.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #5
Firebill
Jungles are probably my favorites of all, but sometimes they are also hard for me to tell from just an aberrant normal. I see a lot of ads that state jungle, and i ask myself "where's the jungle". Here's a pair that i was co-owner of a few years ago, but traded them off The jungle is the male, and Kahl threw in the sib sister for free.
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #6
mxracer4life
Yeah, I got my male super hypo jungle from Kahl. He is sweet. Not yet ready to come out of quarantine yet, but when he does, he will make some sweet looking babies.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #7
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracer4life View Post
Is this just a "drab" jungle?
The broken head stripe, the missing saddle points and the striped side saddles would lead me to believe that, yes, it likely is a Jungle, but without knowing the parents, it is hard to tell.

Color is very important when it comes to Jungle. Most people think pattern is, but I think color is more so. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a very low expression Jungle.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:40 PM   #8
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
The broken head stripe, the missing saddle points and the striped side saddles would lead me to believe that, yes, it likely is a Jungle, but without knowing the parents, it is hard to tell.

Color is very important when it comes to Jungle. Most people think pattern is, but I think color is more so. I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a very low expression Jungle.
Thanks for the input Diem. On this one I couldn't pass her up for the price. I like the coloring and aberrant pattern of jungles, especially with a nice tail stripe or reverse stripe, but this one here stuck out, she is different than anything I have seen.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
ShadowAceD
Hopefully, she proves out for you then.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #10
mxracer4life
I hope so too. And thank you everyone for your input on this. I was sure that Jungles were incomplete dominant, but when I started seeing all these litters this spring with all jungles or aberrant patterned babies I began to worry I had overlooked something. Here is to Super jungle hypos/Super jungles/jungles and hypo jungles!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!