Mosaic - A "Stone Washed" Argentine - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-25-2006, 10:50 AM   #51
Laura Fopiano
I have no idea what a project like that would be worth however, I would not sell that project Mike! Prove it out first, then if you have no interest in pursing it further, then sell and watch the argie fans loose their minds at the possibility of owning something so in credible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Greathouse
I am considering the possibility of selling the Mosaic project, and since there is really nothing to compare her to, I am interested in what all of you think the project is worth. The project group consists of the following:

Mosaic herself - born 2003
A male from the same parents as Mosaic born in 2005.
Her mother - born approximately 1999

What do you guys think?

Old 11-25-2006, 11:23 AM   #52
The BoidSmith
Mike,

I vote for you to try and prove her out. It has to be genetic if it was an anomaly produced during gestation another animal in the clutch would have more than likely shown some similarity. Have you offered it to those that specialize in Argentine morphs? It's very difficult to put a price tag on an animal like that. Her sibling is still with me, and I'm not really sure what animal to breed her to!

Regards.

Old 11-25-2006, 11:57 AM   #53
hhmoore
Mike,
Without comment on whether you should sell the project, I noticed a couple of things about it which raised some questions. 1) Clearly, you have bred the same pair at least once more (since you have a male from a subsequent litter of theirs) - have there been any other "interesting" offspring? 2) Mosaic's father is not listed with the package...is that because he is no longer at your facility (no other reason required or requested), or because you are not making him available (again, no explanation needed).

Beautiful snake, though. Good luck with whatever course you take

Old 11-25-2006, 12:02 PM   #54
Mike Greathouse
Harald,
The litter in 2005 produced all normal looking Argentines.
The father is not being offered because he passed on late in 2005.

Thanks,

Old 11-25-2006, 12:04 PM   #55
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Mike,

I vote for you to try and prove her out. It has to be genetic if it was an anomaly produced during gestation another animal in the clutch would have more than likely shown some similarity. Have you offered it to those that specialize in Argentine morphs? It's very difficult to put a price tag on an animal like that. Her sibling is still with me, and I'm not really sure what animal to breed her to!

Regards.
Dan,
No, I have not offered Mosaic, or the project, to anyone. I was simply trying to get a feel for what everyone thinks a project like this might be worth.

Thanks,

Old 11-25-2006, 12:29 PM   #56
hhmoore
That really depends on the value YOU put on it, Mike, and it is subject to as many factors as you wish to throw in to the mix.

From a personal perspective, if I were to have a unique baby appear here, my initial thought/instinct would be to keep it...which yours clearly was also, since you still have her.
I think Mosaic would fetch a good price, based solely on her appearance - regardless of whether it proves to be reproducible. IF it did prove to be, however, that price would increase significantly. It would have been nice if other aberrant animals were produced by her parents, but (this is my opinion, and I am not Mr Genetics) it is certainly not necessary to enable Mosaic to pass her appearance along. It could take years and multiple breedings to find out for sure (or you could hit the jackpot the first time, and I don't mean monetarily).

Sorry I can't be of much help on the pricetag.

Old 12-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #57
Mike Greathouse
The Mosaic project is now being offered for sale.

The ads can be seen at: http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...?product=29127
in the new classifieds section.

or at:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=92153
in the old classifieds section.

Of course, if anyone has any questions or comments, they can be posted here as well.

Thank you,

Old 12-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #58
Ed Lilley
On the recessive trait thing I don't think it would matter that you didn't produce one before in the earlier litters. It's a mutation at this point they all have to start somewhere. Her parents wouldn't have to be hets to produce her and have it prove genetic.

Great lookin Argy either way! I think it's promising..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!