????sunsets???? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-06-2006, 02:56 PM   #21
Boa4u
So hypomelanism in boas is now considered a recessive trait? Am I the only one who had been taught that hypomelanism was a co-dominant trait or am I just the only one willng to admit it?

Old 09-06-2006, 09:05 PM   #22
extreme_bci
that might be the problem - discussing something among friends, regardless of how sure you might be of the logic of what you are saying, does not make it fact. (I'm not saying it makes it wrong, just that you need to be careful what you present as fact without being able to back it up. I have had many such discussions myself, and have some of my own theories to prove/disprove)

You are right, I should not be giveing out info that I have no prof to back it up. I just saw the ad and nobody replyed to it so I though I would go head and give it a shot, and try to help him out.

Thanks, Josh

Old 09-06-2006, 09:07 PM   #23
extreme_bci
The super Hypos are a co-dominant trait. When you breed a super hypo to a normal then all of the babbies will be hypo.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #24
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boa4u
So hypomelanism in boas is now considered a recessive trait? Am I the only one who had been taught that hypomelanism was a co-dominant trait or am I just the only one willng to admit it?
No, it is not a recessive trait...but I told him to look at it that way so he would understand the distribution. Also, due to the random way in which the terms dominant and codominant are tossed around (incorrectly), many people use the term homozygous to describe supers.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #25
extreme_bci
Hypo/Salmon, Motley, Arabesque, jungle are a dominant trait.

Super hypo, Super motley, Super jungle, are a co-Dominant trait.

T+ albino, T- albino, anery, Leopard Ext.. Are a simple recessive trait.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:17 PM   #26
vinnybocknyg
I think you have that backwards motley arabesque and jungle are definatly co-dom.
Hypo-salmon is incomplete dominant.
supers are dominant.

Old 09-06-2006, 10:26 PM   #27
vinnybocknyg
oh yeah! Josh thanks for TRYING to help me...and thanks to everyone that helped clear that up...
Alex your not the only one that thought a hypo x hypo breeding would yeild 100% hypo's i did too. In fact there a site that I know for sure i read it on it would be nice if it was true but unfortuneatly its not like Harald said 25% normal 75% hypo 25% being super. I thought it was 100% hypo 50% super. I recently learned on this site thats not the case......
Heres the site that I read it..........
http://www.buddhaboa.com/content/view/44/80/lang,en/

Old 09-06-2006, 10:27 PM   #28
extreme_bci
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnybocknyg
I think you have that backwards motley arabesque and jungle are definatly co-dom.
Hypo-salmon is incomplete dominant.
supers are dominant.
Yup I just saw that. LOL

co-dominant- hypo/salmon, Arab, motley ext..
dominant- Are all the Supers.

Has any one produced a super Arab?

Old 09-06-2006, 10:31 PM   #29
vinnybocknyg
After you click that link you have to go to the top of the page and click genetic breeding guide sorry I thought the link took you staight there.....

I havent seen a super arab beside bin ladden...LOL

Old 09-06-2006, 10:55 PM   #30
vinnybocknyg
That link I added is to show were I read hypo x hypo =100% hypo go to the top of the page to genetic info and click on breeding guide.... sorry about that I thought the link took you staight there......
I think the arabesque gene is like hypo you have to breed them to prove super. I believe the hets look the same as the homo.....
Not like motley or jungle were the supers are obviously different.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!