Inquiry boagirl from Napanoch NY - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #171
Tiki108
Maybe it's just me, but if she's just getting into the hobby as she stated, she should be trying to breed, at least that's my opinion. Someone told her that it would be kind of pointless to breed a Central American Boa with a Jungle Colomian Red Tail and her response was well you have to start somewhere. Yeah, but not with snakes that will have babies that will be next to worthless and could "muddy the waters" so to speak. Not getting into a hybrid debate, but it seems like she has a lot to learn and should not be breeding these snakes.
Also she tells someone about how her "dinker" looks just like theirs, which I don't think it does personally, but whatever that's just me.

Here's her Kingsnake posts if you guys want to take a look:
http://forums.kingsnake.com/showpost...ierra0101&key=

Old 05-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #172
Tiki108
Also I just found this:
http://www.reptileforums.net/forums/...rth-help/page3

So the boa is not big enough to be breeding, at least in my opinion, but I don't keep boas, but the people on there told her to feed once a week, she argued, they told her to give it a year before breeding, but as we can see from Kingsnake, she is breeding it against their advice.

I know she's just a kid and all, but I see kids like this far too often, I kept herps my whole life, but I didn't breed until I was sure I was ready. I'm sure she doesn't have the spare cages to individually house the babies and hasn't considered the amount of work that goes into breeding.

Stuff like this just makes my blood boil

Old 05-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #173
LauraB
Hmmm....

And like I said, some don't learn. Beware this one, she does have ulterior motives evidently. Excellent catch, Rob R!

"RevolutionReptiles" post (the one and only) is gone from the other forum, but here's the profile page:
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #174
BPluvr
As it had been said before I had seen the other post on BP.net and sent a pm to mods when it looked like the one posted here originally. I know this is my first post here so I don't have credibility but it is back up on BP.net the first time it did have a rocketmail addy. Here's a pic of the fauna pastel ad and the BP new ad side by side. Hope the image works.
Attached Images

Old 05-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #175
electrodad
Does this girl ever give up ?

Old 05-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #176
LauraB
Thanks, Jason for posting that screenshot.

And whaduyaknow, she claims she got a new snake yesterday (and yet again, unclear about exactly what it is). This could be the next one for sale or the sire of a clutch she will want to sell ... if it even exists.

Also note the, "what do you mean illness?", comment she makes after Rob replies to her original post with his witty remark, quite obviously referring to her lack of quarantine of a brand new snake.

That from the same person who earlier in this thread stated, "Just because I have owned and cared for snakes all my life ..."

Attached Images

Old 05-12-2012, 12:24 PM   #177
superduper
At no point did I sign up to fauna with any intentions of posting anything just did it to get access to the pictures, just a lurker here who enjoys looking at pretty animals, with the occasional BOI read. What you guys have done to this poor girl though, is ridiculous and I could not stand not saying anything any longer. At this time it would seem that the bashing of this young lady should stop. Ever since she said her “wife” will not post, she has said the truth, but somehow everyone here has twisted this girl’s words and actions as if she was satins spawn.

Post #174 shows she reposted the snake as a “DINKER” she has a right to sell her snake. She took everyone’s advice and removed pastel and selling it as a DINKER I am pretty sure that is not a scam.

Post #176 shows more malicious actions by the star detective LauraB. Bad husbandry actions do not require bashing on Fauna. Maybe you should contact her and let her know that quarantining new animals is the safe way to go and explain to her why that is, instead of talking smack about her on fauna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
And this is his ad?
http://www.reptileclassifieds.com/WA...ype,ad_details

Maybe you should have also put this link to show that her story about looking for a burm was accurate. Both posted around the same time, which was way before this thread got started.

This young lady has scammed no one. She admitted to being new to the industry and the way she was attacked would make anyone defensive. I really hate to see this BOI thread keep getting hashed up for absolutely no reason what so ever, except to satisfy some people’s delusions of this girls bad character.

Let us keep in mind THIS GIRL SCAMMED NO ONE and proved everything she said after “boagirl” was out of the picture. I believe giving her advice would be better than continuous bashing on this thread. She is a teenager and guidance would trump constant bashing in getting her to enter this hobby properly.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:33 PM   #178
Willow
People do not like dishonest people of any age. She is old enough to understand that. Things don't add up in her story's, which comes off as dishonest.

She is also very young to be jumping into the business end of the reptile industry so head on. Her age alone I believe should keep quiet a few people from doing deals with her.

I would refuse, as an adult, to put myself in a business situation with an underage person, no matter how honest or dishonest they seem to be.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #179
Willow
and to clear things up to anyone who wishes to say "but that 16 year old at Subway makes your food"

you are correct, but I am doing business with Subway, not the 16 year old. the 16 year old is an employee, and is covered by a business in her actions.

BUT, a private sales transaction with a minor, no way!

Old 05-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #180
MKJurassic
I would agree with both personally. She is 16, which a really tough age for anyone, and I do agree that this thread has moments where people are just openly bullying her in my opinion and that is very inappropriate. Imagine if she was your daughter, would you want someone coming down on her like that?

Now, she did come into this business all wrong and much too young. While I do know of teens her age selling reptiles, their parents are always aware of what they are doing and are fully involved, which might be the case with her and her Dad in Florida, but I have no idea. She did come in with all sorts of lies trying to come up with a good reason to break the rules and create multiple accounts, and instead she should have come clean and politely apologized. When I first started collecting I did everything I could to learn about the species I was interested in and educate myself before diving in head first and buying any cheap reptile I could find. She does not in anyway seem that interested in learning about snake genetics, probability in litters, what is going on in the market, etc. She solely seems interested in (based upon the ad and her posts) I have a female that might be ready for breeding (though the general consensus is she is not) so I should get a male and make baby snakes, regardless of what they are! While this is fine if she intends to house all those babies, I highly doubt she has the space and funds to do so, so what is going to happen when that snakes pops? Where are the babies going to go? They aren't of any genetic significance and people are just not going to want them because she refused to research what is currently going in the market. That is the problem I forsee and her husbandry practices are eventually going to run her collection into serious trouble. I really wish she would have just asked for advice and swallowed her pride to learn from the many many people here who have been doing this for years, but at 16 that is tough to do as you are convinced you know everything. I really hope she turns around and I do not think that she is a "bad guy" or a "scammer" just simply a teenager being an ignorant teenager who is going to have to learn the hard way how to properly breed, sell, and take care of snakes. I do wish she would come back and make good instead of storming off, it would do so much for her character and her snakes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!