Hurricane Harvey - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:51 PM   #21
Lucille
Just woke up to pounding rain, non stop lightning. Harvey was just late getting here but he has arrived.

Old 08-26-2017, 11:03 PM   #22
WebSlave
Hopefully no tornadoes. They are the highly dangerous and unpredictable component of land falling hurricanes. Yeah, on top of everything else, of course....

Hope you don't have any damages...

Old 08-26-2017, 11:45 PM   #23
DLenaRuth999s
Hey, Lucille, you and yours holding up okay? I'm watching the news and it looks rough there.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #24
Lucille
Unfortunately things look bad. The street in front of and beside me is flooded (and I continue to see motorists drive through the deep waters), the water is over the sidewalk and up onto my lawn at times and recedes somewhat during lulls in the rain. Earlier I saw someone's mailbox float by.

I mentioned that I was fixing to move in a few weeks so most of what I own is in boxes in the garage which will flood first, but things are stacked up in there and the walkway between kitchen and garage is barely passable because I stacked the patio set and garden stuff there so they would be thrown about in the wind and possibly hurt someone.

On the other hand, the boxes are double stacked, it may be that the top layer of boxes will escape any water.
I was able to find the box with the albums of baby pictures so those are safe in the house with me.

I'm hoping and praying that the house will not flood but with days of rain in front of me, I don't know what will happen.
What's important is not the stuff though, I am fine, my sons, daughter in law and grand baby in Houston are fine but flooded into their area too just like I am. But people are what are important and we are all OK, thank you for asking.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #25
WebSlave
Yeah, hope things will be OK for you. Are their any dams upstream from your area that are in danger of breaking open? This storm seems like it is highly unusual for the amount of rain it will produce in that area, so any dams made were probably not designed with this much water pressure in mind. So you might want to check that out if you haven't already. If there is any danger of that, you might want to bail out to higher and safer ground.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:42 PM   #26
Beyond GenetiX
We are praying for you also Lucille!

Old 08-27-2017, 08:03 PM   #27
bcr229
That is a LOT of water...
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2017, 08:35 PM   #28
WebSlave
Wow! That's pretty amazing!

Old 08-28-2017, 02:39 AM   #29
Ryanrod86
I hope everyone is doing well. Stay dry as best you can and anyone in the rockport area in need of supplies pm me. I will be going down this weekend most likely to see what's left of our family house.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:25 AM   #30
WebSlave
I hope your house was spared any damage. Cross your fingers.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!