need help!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-23-2004, 04:19 AM   #1
hoyta
need help!!!

well,for starters,i am new to this forum,and want to say "HI"! i have been into venomous species for the last three years,and love it more eveyday! my question is-does anyone know someone or themselves have a job-opening in the herp field?i know this is random,and i'm not just out looking for a job.i dream of working in a sepentarium or a place like zoological imports 2000,and would like to make that dream a reality.to be honest,i would be willing to move anywhere in the u.s. to do this.i do have experience with venomous species(maybe not as much as some of you guys and gals!),and would love to learn more.you can only read so much,and my budget now keeps me from buying more snakes,which would be more of the experience i would need.i haven't completed any college,but i did my time in the navy.

please,tell me if i am off the wall here-i just feel as though if i start school now(been in the military),i will end up choosing a major that will evetually pay the bills,but not suit me completely.agree with me or not,but i would rather make 8 bucks an hour doing something i like than make 20 and hate it.

any feedback would help.a little more-i am very adapatable to most situations,and would make a great employee to someone.

thanks to all who look,and especially those who reply to me.

if you want to e-mail me,its aircrew82@yahoo.com
(336)282-1020
thank again!
-adam hoyt

Old 08-24-2004, 03:33 PM   #2
snakegetters
Assuming you are over 18, I'd try calling Zoological Imports and seeing if they will hire you immediately. It doesn't usually take a degree to get a job doing basic animal care.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:00 PM   #3
geckogirl3
Where are you located now?

My husband went to a teaching zoo in Belleview, FL, right outside Ocala. He doesn't work in the animal field now, but a few of his friends that he went through school with went on to work at Silver Springs, which keeps a lot of reptiles. The number for the school is in the back of all the Reptile mags under Employment Opportunities I believe.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!