AIRBORNE, DHL, RICHARD WILSON, and MY LOST PACKAGE - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-15-2004, 04:24 PM   #1
LOSTNCONFUSED
please help!!!!

ok here is what happend i purchased an adult pair of amerili's from richard wilson in arizona . he shipped them via airborne express overnight before 10:30 am . they were schedualed to arrive today, so today when they didnt arrive i went ahead and tracked them .they came back as haveing been deleiverd, so i went and checked my yard and no snakes! i went ahead and made the seller aware of the problem, and called airborne back to inform them. they sent the driver back and he informed me that he left them on my stoop. when i asked him how are you going to just leave a package on my stoop in this neighborhood. he proceeded to change his story that he gave the package to a man coming out of my house. now i live alone and had no company yet as of today aparently someone signed for the box it wasnt me! when i went ahead and made the driver aware of this he went ahead and cursed me out and told me "oh well the box is missing call the police". now it apears that i am out $750 and a pair of snakes. ive made the seller aware and although i may be wrong about this he dosent seem overly concerened. i actually had to call airborne and have them send him the claim paperwork.i would like to know what are my options here? can someone help me please
john peraza

Old 06-15-2004, 04:31 PM   #2
bud mierkey
Thumbs down sounds like the driver

somebody is guilty of grand larceny with mail fraud.
good luck!

Old 06-15-2004, 04:37 PM   #3
LOSTNCONFUSED
my thoughts exactly

but that still leaves me out of my snakes and out of my money ,and ive spoken to his supervisors over at airborne and they basicly tell me theres nothing that they can do about it. he says someone signed for it so someone signed for it any ideas anyone please

Old 06-15-2004, 04:50 PM   #4
sputnik
DHL/AIRBORNE

I think there is something they at DHL can do about it, they just don't want to!

They are trying to blow you off. Maybe some legal advice should be sort. Explain the drivers actions and changing story and the drivers negligence in allowing anyone to sign for it without any form of verification.

If you then have it on good legal advice that you have a case against DHL/Airborne then they may suddenly become helpfull.

Good luck and all the best!

Old 06-15-2004, 04:53 PM   #5
GOLDENSERPENT
Joe
What was the name given on the signature?
Have you informed the police that an unidentified man was SEEN leaving your house.

Did you get a description from the airborne employee?
If he did hand it to someone on your property and they signed for it; that is all he is required to do , they do not require identification for delivery.
I would call the police make a report see if there are any fingerprints and get a description of the man and a copy of his signature. Most likely it is someone you know and they knew that these snakes were coming to your house.

I dont mean to sound wrong and I dont know what your situation is but, why were you not home when you knew that 750.00 worth of animals were being delivered?
Thanks for listening
Jewell

Old 06-15-2004, 04:54 PM   #6
LOSTNCONFUSED
so basicly i have to consult a lawyer? i've made hi supervisors aware of the details now i am waiting for they're supervisors to call me i have never ever had to deal with anything like this they'er telling me that because the signature required box was not checked they;re not obligated to even knock on my door its up to the drivers discreation what a crock

Old 06-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #7
robin d.
ok i understand and i would be ticked however as i understand it airborne/DHL does not ship live reptiles now while there could have been theft of the package from either the driver or another person , i personally seeing dhl doing nothing simply because of the fact they sont ship animals... sounds like you might be out $750 any way you go

Old 06-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #8
GOLDENSERPENT
Re: please help!!!!

Quote:
[i]to inform them. they sent the driver back and he informed me that he left them on my stoop. when i asked him how are you going to just leave a package on my stoop in this neighborhood. he proceeded to change his story that he gave the package to a man coming out of my house. now i live alone and had no company yet as of today aparently someone signed for the box it wasnt me! [/b]

What I would do is contact the police and file a report giving them a description from the a/e driver(you might have to get the police to contact him directly as it would constitute hearsay if you relay the description) whom you said saw a man coming out of your house. Then if you have insurance file a claim on your homeowners insurance because I will tell you that airborne having a signature is not responsible.

Old 06-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #9
LOSTNCONFUSED
i was home, there was no man the driver intially told me when he came back that he left the package on my stoop it wasnt untill after i started saying that how can you leave a box unattended with out even knocking on my door that he changed his story saying that he gave the box to a man coming out of my house and he signed for it the name that signed for the snakes is zarasa . no one knew that i was receiving these snakes and there was nobody at my house today other than myself i live alone and dont ussually have company at my house except for my partner mike moloney and he is at work at that time of the day basicly i believe the driver just left the package on my door step without knocking and went ahead and signed for the package himself somone mustve walked by seen the box and made off with it now im not only out my snakes but the money i paid for them
john peraza

Old 06-15-2004, 05:05 PM   #10
sputnik
Driver

Quote:
they'er telling me that because the signature required box was not checked they;re not obligated to even knock on my door its up to the drivers discreation
That really leaves the door wide open to illegal activity on any scale.

What a mess!

Kinda wondering if this driver has a history of this, just handing a package to anyone?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!