Bad Guy Anthony Sainz (s4Sainz/Repticguy) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #21
Michael Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofDnNnD View Post
Out of curiosity Anthony, how is someone supposed to send you a deposit to hold an animal if you only accept cashier's check, money order and Paypal. But in order to use Paypal with you they need to pay the 3% seller's fee (or as you call it "service fee"), which is against the terms of Paypal. And since I'm an honest person and will not willingly break the TOS, what is my option to hold an animal because there is no way to get you a check instantaneously?
I could not find anywhere in PayPal's TOS that seller cannot transparently state "if PayPal is utilized an additional 3% is to be added". I mean, don't companies do this all the time when they do not want to pay credit card fees themselves? DMV comes to mind, if you do not pay cash they hit you with a big % of purchase. I know I got slaughtered at DMV for like $100 extra when I purchased a vehicle and payed with credit card for registration, plates, ect.

Regardless, I do not find it dishonest whatsoever to include the 3% extra to the seller. Paypal still get's their cut, so I HIGHLY doubt PayPal cares whatsoever.

I personally add 3% to most of my purchases as a tip to seller for dealing with me and my questions.

Regardless, can you link me the TOS you speak of?

Old 06-09-2017, 11:32 PM   #22
TeguBuzz
Always have, always do and always will support Anthony Sainz. In the time I've known Anthony - I've always known him to be one that does not hold animals unless payment is made. In an industry like today's, a word isn't always enough.

As many others have said, his quality and selection of animals is top notch - and beyond stunning. This thread is completely uncalled for, and you're just upset you didn't get the animal you wanted.

Nothing here warrants a bad guy thread, and if I were in Anthony's shoes - I would not offer you the same kindness he gave you in his response. These posts are permanent, and you just made one out of sheer lack of an argument.

Thankfully I'm more of a buyer and less of a seller these days, but if I were still selling, I would definitely avoid doing business with you.

Anthony, as always - I doubt this thread will have any sort of recourse on your reputation as your past speaks for itself.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:46 PM   #23
tlmoon
Anthony looks like a class act in his response. I understand the OP is somewhat bitter at not getting that specific animal, but the BOI works both ways...come across as unreasonable and difficult to work with as a buyer and people take note of that as well. Anthony has extended an olive branch - why not take advantage of that opportunity? He is probably a good person to be able to find the animal you're looking for, even if you didn't get the one you wanted the first time around. Or, you could burn that bridge and probably regret it later.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:35 AM   #24
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brown View Post
I could not find anywhere in PayPal's TOS that seller cannot transparently state "if PayPal is utilized an additional 3% is to be added".
From the Paypal User Agreement:

No surcharges

You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.

Old 06-10-2017, 12:55 PM   #25
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Brown View Post
I could not find anywhere in PayPal's TOS that seller cannot transparently state "if PayPal is utilized an additional 3% is to be added". I mean, don't companies do this all the time when they do not want to pay credit card fees themselves? DMV comes to mind, if you do not pay cash they hit you with a big % of purchase. I know I got slaughtered at DMV for like $100 extra when I purchased a vehicle and payed with credit card for registration, plates, ect.
PayPal's TOS is different from that of merchant processors; it's not illegal or against the TOS for a merchant processor to add the fee. Also, when states collect taxes and fees many by statute have to collect the full amount so they add a 3% "convenience fee" if you pay using a credit card.

That said, many sellers who take credit cards will set a price and then offer a 3% discount for paying by cash or USPS MO since those are safe compared to accepting a personal check or credit card.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!