Gregory Bowman aka thedietcokeguy Inquiry - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2003, 11:45 PM   #81
Darin Chappell
Look, it's obvious that Mr. Bowman is not interested in hearing advice or concerns from the BOI members. Fair enough. I'm not really interested in giving him mine anymore.

What Mr. Bowman appears to be interested in is all of jumping up in unison and exclaiming, "You're ABSOLUTELY right!!!! How could we have been so blind to see that Neil and Steve are truly two of the most dispicable characters the world has EVER known?!?!?" Well, Mr. Bowman, that is not going to happen here.

Why? Well, as far as Neil is concerned, he has been a part of the BOI for some time now. He can be a royal pain in the rear, and he has a temper that rivals Vesuvias. However, he has the reputation of having good animals and good customer service. By "reputation," I mean over a "long period of time," not just for a few months. So, yes, many of us are reluctant to believe cart blanche what someone of whom most of us have never heard has to say about him when it flies in the face of everything he has shown us all heretofore. Steve? I don't know Steve at all.

However, just because there may be an intitial bias for Neil based upon his reputation here on the BOI, if you could provide PROOF of what it is that you are claiming, I can assure you that Neil would not be coddled by this board. Ask Neil about that if you doubt me!

Now, you say you can't post the proof that you have in full, because of pending legal maneuvers. Ok. That's the way it is in real cases. But you have to be aware that we can't just take somebody's word for it when a person's reputation is at stake. You are making the accusations, and you have the burden of proof. You haven't met that burden.

So, you have made your accusations, and Neil and Steve have made their denials. Since you are going the legal route on this, there isn't much more that can be accomplished on this issue here on the BOI. All of this back and forth about ESA and CITES I and/or II is very interesting to me, personally, but it probably deserves a thread of its own on the General Business Fourm. Nothing further can be attained as I see. You are not going to get the affirmation you seem to seek, and I have to admit that I'm tired of seeing the same emails being posted on nearly every page.

Of course, this all just one man's opinion and counts for squat! You all feel free to do what you want!

Old 02-04-2003, 12:12 AM   #82
Neil Gubitz
Darin.... You're not actually giving this "person" any credence, are you??.... I think he's funny as hell!.... I have NO PROBLEM in telling anyone that I did NOTHING WRONG (except my bad for shipping it right after it ate)!!.... Terese, I'm not actually avoiding your questions, nothing personal towards you, but, it's just not worth it.... I'm certainly not going to lower myself to his level (at least I'm TRYING not to).... but, this is ludicrous....
Bowman.... if you have the guts to put your money where your mouth is.... just SHUT UP AND SUE ME????.... I'd like NOTHING BETTER than to show this thread in a courtroom (as I said before, BRING YOUR WALLET!).... You've got a lawyer and the Feds coming after me, like I've got a full head of HAIR!!.... You sure TALK a good game, though.... Too bad I can see RIGHT THROUGH that flimsy facade of yours.... You're like a "Chip off the old *BLOCK*!!".... You remind me of a Western Hognose.... puff, puff, hiss, hiss, rattle, rattle.... now, how bout PLAYING DEAD!!.... lol You come off looking like a two-year-old whining fool who can't take a little advice from people that KNOW!....
Come on, Mr. Badmouth.... quit your bellyaching, get off this thread, and SUE ME??.... How easy is that??

I won't respond anymore, I'll just sit back and continue to laugh!

....Neil

Old 02-04-2003, 12:18 AM   #83
Darin Chappell
Neil,

You know full well I'm not giving him any credence . . .he hasn't offered any proof!! But you also know that no one is safe from condemnation on this forum if it COULD be proven that they had done wrong! That's all I was saying.

I do think that this thread ought to stop, though. I just cannot for the life of me see what any of the protangonists hope to gain by saying "I'll sue!" over and over again?!?!?

Old 02-04-2003, 12:20 AM   #84
gila7150
Quote:
I never made mention that the treatment was made by a lay person nor that the medication was not prescribed. I think you are assuming a lot without any facts. Maybe you should reread what I posted and rethink what you just supposed. The snake was seen by a vet specializing in reptiles, and prescribed medication and was treated by me.
Ok, I reread what you posted...here it is:
Quote:
Regardless the cause, the snake was rattling and not in good shape; I treated it here hoping a vets visit was not required. I have an extensive backround treating animals and worked as an exotic animal tech for many years.
So at what point did you decide your home remedies weren't working and take it to the vet?
I'm a paramedic and I was a vet tech for 4 years.....that doesn't make me a DVM. I sure as hell wouldn't decide to treat a snake myself that I had diagnosed (before taking it to the vet) and then tell the seller I wanted a refund plus vet bills.
In my opinion...the second you gave that snake meds before it was seen by a vet was the second you took full ownership of the snake and gave up your rights to a refund. You have every right to do that with your own animals but not one you plan on sending back.
Chris Raden

Old 02-04-2003, 12:37 AM   #85
Spilotes
Gregory,

I don't know you or any of the other people you're dealing with here. I think you pointed out a few things that the sellers should have done differently - and I think they have admitted you were correct in these assertions.

But you have really discredited yourself by getting so shrill. With all your talk about libel, lawyers, etc you really do sound like a blow-hard. No one really believes these sorts of threats any more, and you look juvenile trying to make a federal case out of it all. You come off as a kid throwing a temper tantrum. You keep trying to present this case of federal violations and all but to me it just sounds like a little spoiled boy trying desperately to get his way. I'm not trying to put you down, just trying to point out why you have been so ineffectual here. Your style really leaves a lot to de desired.

You also seem to be really reaching with your allusions to "your employees", "your office", etc. While it may be true, it comes off as a bit strained - like your trying to convince someone that your not actually the night clerk at a local Quick-Stop store. Just what is Pangea Research? Did you know there is not a single entry on the web for it? Is it top secret government operations?

And really, my friend, can't you buy a cheap disposable camera to take adequate pictures of a 6 foot snake? Don't you think people will start to doubt you when you insist you can't show any evidence? You can have your photos put on a CD at many drug stores, so you don't need a scanner to get digital pictures. Not only photos, but all the other docs too? You can't provide any of them? Its pretty suspicious, even though you have presented some excuses.

I'm not saying your a bad person, and I'm not saying you're lying about any of this. I am saying you've got a long way to go if you hope to convince anyone that your credible. It seems the harder you've tried, the less you've accomplished.

When you put it all together, it really does seem like your trying to get something for nothing. I hope I'm wrong, but that is the way you're coming across here, as far as I'm concerned.

Joe Monahan

Old 02-04-2003, 12:56 AM   #86
Neil Gubitz
Hey folks.... You want to see something REALLY FUNNY???.... It seems that good ole' Mr. Bowman isn't only satified with suing ME and STEVE.... he seems to get a kick out of (TALKING ABOUT) suing people.... INCLUDING KINGSNAKE.COM!!

Look what I just found!!.... This is from Mr. (Sue-happy) Bowman....

Im filing a lawsuit against kingsnake for conspiracy to commit fraud in that they have been sent previously letters showing clear fraud by its posters without doing a thing._ I will hit them hard in the wallet for allowing fraudulent dealers to use their forum, while violating the TOS, and not banning them from the site._ Very simply,_ they are going down.
I would love to hear from others who have had problems with kingsnake._ After I informed them of my intent, they changed their site to post a disclaimer on each page;_ albeit transparent to liability when they are well informed of illegal activity on their site, it shows they are trying to be "blameless".__
Lets keep the trade clean and run the dot com losers out of town on a rail.
Thanks
Gregory Bowman
Pangea Research Foundation

You NEVER QUIT, do you???.... ROFLMAO!!!!

....Neil

Old 02-04-2003, 12:57 AM   #87
HerpVenue
Quote:
Under this law, it is unlawful to import, export, sell, acquire, or purchase fish, wildlife or plants taken, possessed, transported, or sold: 1) in violation of U.S. or Indian law, or 2) in interstate or foreign commerce involving any fish, wildlife, or plants taken possessed or sold in violation of State or foreign law.
In laymans terms.....since he is accusing everyone of being armchair lawyer while he does it himself.

If a plant or wildlife is taken possesed or transported or sold in violation of the US laws....Then it is illegal to export sell or acquire such animal.

Meaning....the animal was obtained legally. Therefore he can sell it accross state lines.

He comes here with allegations against Neal and the other guy....then he says this
"Mind you, your spurious allegations against me are unfounded and motivated only by you being apparently in the same "pit" with Mr. Markevich"
last time I checked....you were the one that posted the "allegations" first.

Then he says this
"they are possibly shipped with normal cargo in an unpressurized flight"
Hello !!!! Unless you get a first class seat in the cabin of the plane....Your animal WILL be shipped in normal cargo. NOT possibly.

Then this
"I will not turn over all your emails, the vet reports, photos, previous private investigation reports, insurance investigation reports, or affidavits proving your allegations are knowingly false. I will leave that to discovery and deposition."
So you hired a private investigator for a $200 animal?
you had insurance investigations for what? a $200 animal? What did the insurance investigate?
You have affidavits proving Neil's "allegations" are false? Neil has not alleged anything. It was you.

According to you. If we do not guarantee live delivery. Then it is automatically admission of animal cruelty?
"Who here doesnt at least guarantee live delivery with a 10 lb burmese python? IF NOT; why would you even consider shipping it? I believe this is NEIL GUBITZ admission of criminal animal cruelty. THANKS NEIL......"
Are you reaching for straws or what? I guess in the world known as Pangea, if you do not have a live guarantee...then you are admitting animal cruelty

"Additionally, the libelous statements you make here just bury yourself in your own "PIT" iful existance."
hhmmm last time I checked....when you postead that message...All Neil basically said was he offered you a refund and you refused. Yup you are right. That is lible. In your world anyway.

he stole $200 from me and cost me additional several hundred dollars in vet bills from shipping a sick snake.
1. He did not steal your money. You have the product. You were not satisfied with said product. You were offered a refund upon return of the product. YOU REFUSED.
2. You say that Neil sent the python on his own and that you did not twist his arm. WELL you took the python to the vet on your own and Neil DID NOT twist our arm.

You say that purposely sending a sick snake is animal crualty and you would not do anything illegal.
Last time I checked....you need prescriptions for Baytril. Care to tell us Mr "I would not do anything illegal" how you got your baytril?

Are you board certified as a vet?
If your answer is no ....Then you are illegaly practicing Veterinary medicine.

Do not go accusing Neil of animal cruelty....Because you admit yourself to medicating the animal. And unless I am wrong. I do not think you are a vet.

Perhaps you need to sit back and rethink this through.
You will not get a dime except MAYBE the $200 for the animal.
If you hired a lawyer like you say you did. Go ahead and fire him.
Why? For taking your money and making you think you have a case when he clearly knows yo do not. Think of it this way. Do you want to pay thousands of dollars for a lawyer who can maybe get you $200. Or do you just want to forget the $200 and save yourself thousands?

Old 02-04-2003, 01:52 AM   #88
Thedietcokeguy
And who said you dont get more ants with vinegar.

Thanks and keep up the posts.

Its hilarious that Steve gave me the link to this site.

Thanks Steve.

Gregory Bowman

Old 02-04-2003, 04:11 AM   #89
Thedietcokeguy
shhhhhh.........you never know who's reading this LMAO

----- Original Message -----
To: rich@serpenco.com
Cc: agent215@lycos.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 3:01 AM
Subject: Fwd: How to post fraudulent activity on the site?

Hi Rich,

Well, the little test of your site proved correct. It amazing how the truth behind simple matters become so entrailed in drama, rhetoric, chaos, and pure fabrication. Amazing.

Most of the people in the industry are nice, caring people who have been great. Those who screamed the loudest on your site seem to be the most vulnerable to critical view.

As I had predicted, they would come out of the woodwork to run with the juicy stuff.

Gubitz and Markevich are hysterical and I enjoyed their postings.

Thanks again

Gregory Bowman

Subj: Re: How to post fraudulent activity on the site?
Date: 2/4/03 12:45:34 AM Pacific Standard Time
To: THEDIETCOKEGUY@aol.com
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Sheesh, you sound like another Adam Block. Go do your testing somewhere else, please. I think my BOI is becoming a jackass magnet.

Rich Zuchowski
rich@serpenco.com
(850) 926-6248
http://www.SerpenCo.com
http://www.FaunaClassifieds.com
http://www.CornSnakes.com
http://www.HerpShows.com
http://www.FaunaTopSites.com
http://www.HerpChat.com

LOVE all of you.....mean it!!

Gregory Bowman

"youll never see the badge til the handcuffs cut"

Old 02-04-2003, 04:34 AM   #90
Thedietcokeguy
I just wanted to say on how accomidating and friendly Rich Zuchowski was to me for allowing this thread and I wish you all a great year with much success and love of God and Country in your hearts.

God Bless you all.

Gregory Bowman

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!