GREGORY BOWMAN AKA thedietcokeguy BAD GUY and should be avoided by all means - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-03-2003, 02:12 PM   #11
ms_terese
Proceed with caution

Rich,

Just my .02 cents....once legal action has commenced, or it is stated that legal action has commenced, I would cease any sort of communication with anyone other than a lawyer.

If Mr. Bowman has retained counsel, it is the job of that counsel to locate and obtain the information they need.

Old 03-03-2003, 02:35 PM   #12
Ken Harbart
By the way, as for Mr Bowman's claims regarding an attorney...
In CA, one cannot be represented by an attorney in the vast majority of small claims case. Mr Bowman can consult an attorney (at his own expense), but the attorney cannot represent him.

As Terese has said, I would cease all communication with Mr Bowman. If he wants information, he can go though legal channels to get it.

Also of consideration is that it is very likely that a CA court would either not hear a case against faunaclassifieds or dismiss it without prejudice due to it being an improper venue.

Old 03-03-2003, 03:23 PM   #13
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally posted by Ritchie Luna
Okay Steve and Neil

On February third (3) 2003

Gregory Bowman aka TheDietCokeGuy and his six different companies, claimed that legal action is UNDERWAY . meaning it already has been started.

Has either of you been served yet? I was just wondering if this is another one we can add to the I will pretend to sue you list.

Richie,

I haven't been served with any legal notices. It's obvious Gregory has nothing better to do with his time than harass good people and businesses.

Old 03-03-2003, 03:28 PM   #14
XzSaGezX
Hoping

I am just hoping you all are taking this as a joke which I think you are. But I wonder do you think he was accually expecting Neil of clicking the paypal link to send him that money. lol ya got to wonder what people are thinking sometimes.

Old 03-03-2003, 04:04 PM   #15
Python Dreams
What I read from that post was that he wanted to receive information from this site regarding his legal matter. If he is actually taking FAUNA to court then I find that to be very strange. He is obviously on a legal path that will keep him from posting or he is using that as an excuse to try and let this die. Who knows? There is also the possiblility that the animals have been confiscated (not Neils).
Ken,
Since it is so awful for a buyer to purchase animals without proper paperwork, what do you think of the seller? What if this same seller used U.S.P.S. to send them to this buyer? You seem to have a very good understanding of the law and since noone wants to answer this question, maybe you can. Forget about the fact that the buyer did not have the paperwork. All said and done, now that it is in the public.... What would you do if you were already involved in the crime of receiving an animal without paperwork? I dont want to hear about how you would not receive this animal, or any other type of answer. Just the straight answer to this question that I've posted quite a few times.

What is the correct legal way to resolve a seller sending you an animal without paperwork? What should be done? What should the buyer do? What should the seller do?

I know their are alot of you out there that would view me trying to buddy up to Gregory or somerthing along those lines, but that is not true. I think it is strange how this whole side to this issue has not been addressed.
Thanks, Tom Baker

Old 03-03-2003, 05:06 PM   #16
SERPENTS DEN
Quote:
Originally posted by Python Dreams
What I read from that post was that he wanted to receive information from this site regarding his legal matter. If he is actually taking FAUNA to court then I find that to be very strange. He is obviously on a legal path that will keep him from posting or he is using that as an excuse to try and let this die. Who knows? There is also the possiblility that the animals have been confiscated (not Neils).
Ken,
Since it is so awful for a buyer to purchase animals without proper paperwork, what do you think of the seller? What if this same seller used U.S.P.S. to send them to this buyer? You seem to have a very good understanding of the law and since noone wants to answer this question, maybe you can. Forget about the fact that the buyer did not have the paperwork. All said and done, now that it is in the public.... What would you do if you were already involved in the crime of receiving an animal without paperwork? I dont want to hear about how you would not receive this animal, or any other type of answer. Just the straight answer to this question that I've posted quite a few times.

What is the correct legal way to resolve a seller sending you an animal without paperwork? What should be done? What should the buyer do? What should the seller do?

I know their are alot of you out there that would view me trying to buddy up to Gregory or somerthing along those lines, but that is not true. I think it is strange how this whole side to this issue has not been addressed.
Thanks, Tom Baker

Tom,

You seem to keep pushing this issue so I will give you my answer. It would be up to the USDI to prove that he obtained these animals illegally so unless he confesses he would not be in any trouble. If he wants to turn himself in I have no problem with that as I would answer to it np.
I'm willing to confess that I sent him the animals without having knowledge they shouldn't have been sold to anyone out of state without a valid USDI Permit.
I already contacted several goverment authorities, and told them the story and they don't seem very concerned in following up on this because it is still within the United States and not smuggled from it's country of origin. I also think most of the Python m. molurus and pimbura are in some degree crossed with Burmese Pythons which crosses are not protected by the USDI.

Old 03-03-2003, 05:25 PM   #17
Python Dreams
Thanks Steve,
That's really all I was asking all along. No one ever answered my questions and I am satisfied. If you are doing everything that you can in your power to resolve this and not tell the customer just too bad, then I don't see the problem. Thanks for clarifying.
Tom Baker

Old 03-03-2003, 05:29 PM   #18
Ken Harbart
Tom,
I'll be posting a new thread in the General Business Discussions forum later this evening to address your questions, as I don't want to lead this thread further off-topic than it's already strayeyd. Look for it to be posted late this evening.

Old 03-03-2003, 05:40 PM   #19
Python Dreams
Ken,
Thanks for responding and addressing this issue. Although I do not have to deal with this at the moment, you never know what restrictions will be in place in the years to come. I do apologize for straying off topic, but it was related and never addressed. Steve has since stated what he can do and knows about the situation and that seems like a fair response to me. I will be very interested to read about this in the new thread anyway.
Thanks again, Tom Baker

Old 03-03-2003, 06:05 PM   #20
Neil Gubitz
You guys aren't REALLY taking him seriously, are you??.... I got ANOTHER two emails from him last week, asking me for the $465(??) I owe him, and the address to Fauna.... lmao

I'm just surprised I haven't heard from "Susan Smith", yet!.... But, it's ok.... I've got Perry Mason on retainer (from the grave!), and HE'LL STILL WIN!!....

....Neil

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!