Bad Guy Justin Babinec, South Florida - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #11
MelodyCPDT
Hi Lucille, if it wasn't such a far drive I would consider that option. But I would honestly use up $30+ in gas going to and from the place again, and there's no guarantee that I would get anything in return. It's only $40, so I'm not too terribly worried about it. If it were a few hundred I'd have done much more by now. It's just the principle. He treats people terribly (I've talked to one other person that I sold a snake to who had a very similar experience with the kid...) and I wanted to make sure others were aware of his terrible 'customer service'.

Thank you Joe!

Old 08-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyCPDT View Post
It's just the principle.
Because the principle is important, I went ahead and sent the corporate office a link to the thread.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
MelodyCPDT
Where can I see the other post about the similar situation? I've done a few searches here but didn't find anything that resembles it.

Old 08-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #14
LauraB
Thanks for his number, Melody. After seeing what is likely his Facebook page, I stand corrected. I don't think this guy has anything in common with that "similar situation" I mentioned before. I do agree that if he's selling animals out of his car and says he's employed by Pet Supermarket that they should be notified. He may be lying about being employed there but they should be made aware of his actions, IMO.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:27 PM   #15
Untaimed
I've never worked for Pet Supermarket, but I did work for both PetSmart & Petco (as a dog trainer). At that time (approx 6 yrs ago) their were policies in place that said you were not allowed to sell your own 'anything' at the store, definately not during business hours & certainly not while on your shift. Once you add in the fact that he left a animal/reptile/ any living being in a car, in this disgustingly hot FL weather is just sickening & speaks volumes on his character IMO. I hope you are able to get your $40 back & I truly hope he learns a valuable lesson from this disgusting situation. Good luck to the OP!

Old 08-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #16
MelodyCPDT
Laura, he had the uniform shirt on when he walked out of the store so he is (was?) definitely employed there during the time of the transaction.

And thank you Sierra. It's terrible the animals had to suffer and die because of someones ignorance. Wish I had the common sense to have put two and two together, and just have turned around and left without them, but I just wanted to get them home (he told me other things that made me really nervous about his animal husbandry - how he kept the tokay gecko in with his leopard gecko, which was the only reason I bought the tokay was to get it away from him and into a better home.) I highly doubt he will learn anything from this situation - he's a conceited person and speaks as if he can do no wrong. Shame, really, that this kid has who knows how many more animals in his care. I just don't want anyone else to go through what I did - or any more animals for that matter.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #17
LauraB
Quote:
Laura, he had the uniform shirt on when he walked out of the store so he is (was?) definitely employed there during the time of the transaction.
Thanks for that clarificatiion.

In that case, I would definitely contact the store manager. I know you stated that another road trip to the store is not feasible, but at the very least an immediate phone call is in order.

He is abusing not only what is certainly to be store policy but abusing live animals as well if he is transporting them to his place of employement and leaving them in an unsupervised, heated evironment.

The store bears a certain amount of liability for his actions - I'm certain they would not want to be held accountable for his complete disregard to both animal welfare and store policy.
The welfare of the animals in his care is first and foremost, so at least make the call please.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:37 PM   #18
CrestedGecko0112
Hello, Melody
Justin had been contacting me off of a Craigslist add for a couple of weeks. He wanted to buy one of my crested geckos but kept low balling me. He offered me $60 for a beautiful, red male and I at first agreed. When I thought about it, I would be losing $40 and I really didn't want to sell that specific gecko. I apologized to him and told him I would sell him any other gecko. He totally freaked out and threatened to write a nasty review on me, quoting my name to ..intimidate me? I am not sure what his problem was but he took the entire thing way too seriously and basically wanted to turn a 5 minute craigslist convo into a horrible review that would be on google. Even though the Google review doesn't matter, I just thought he handled the entire situation way out of proportion and low and behold when I googled him number...I found this thread.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:39 PM   #19
CrestedGecko0112
By the way, this entire ordeal was over text and lasted about 10 minutes. I did not scam him or fail to show up to a meet up location. Seems like a liar and an unstable individual.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:54 PM   #20
Skinker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestedGecko0112 View Post
He offered me $60 for a beautiful, red male and I at first agreed. When I thought about it, I would be losing $40 and I really didn't want to sell that specific gecko.
Seller's remorse is not a good excuse to back out of an agreed upon deal. I've had my fair share of "please back out" moments but if I offer a price and the other party accepts, it's theirs so long as they pay. That said, hearing how this person wantonly jeopardizes the lives of critters with a shady side deal from work, this would be one of the few circumstances I'd feel comfortable cancelling.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!