Info Courtney & George Schertler - Retic Owners Watch Puppy Being Eaten and Posts Pics - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #71
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Regardless if I agree or not, I might be in awful place to complain or tell others what to do.

Many years ago on this forum I posted some family pictures that included a child from someones photobucket account. The person was stealing thousands of dollars from a member of this site. At the time I thought it was justified. I was trying to exert some pressure. I don't want to be hypocritical but I absolutely don't see why the girl holding the puppy needed to be put here.

I also looked in the facebook photos when this thread started as I'm sure many have. That picture was surrounded by other pictures of the puppy alone. I see no reason why that one had to be chosen to be put here.

Like I stated, I'm not in a real good position to put up objections but I did have a little knot turn in my stomach for that little girl to have her face on here.
I agree.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #72
coltrules01@gmail.com
I think that they should be left alone. I mean its common sense a snake will try to eat anything it can swallow and a snake that big it will be impossible to get off the dog so their was nothing they could have done to save that dog

Old 06-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #73
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltrules01@gmail.com View Post
I think that they should be left alone. I mean its common sense a snake will try to eat anything it can swallow and a snake that big it will be impossible to get off the dog so their was nothing they could have done to save that dog
Not the point.

Old 06-22-2013, 03:36 AM   #74
Yogi Bear
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltrules01@gmail.com View Post
Funny that you just started your account with the BOI in June 2013. Congratulations on your first post.

The couple in question are disgusting and irresponsible with their pets, snakes, and facebook postings. The level of ignorance this couple has displayed is beyond me.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:28 AM   #75
DesertRat73
Common sense would have never had an avenue for that pup to reach the snake. Common sense would never have a captive kept reptile fed wild game. Common sense would not have you reaching for a camera wile your dog is being killed and eaten. I dint think they've met this common sense person you speak of.

Old 06-22-2013, 07:47 AM   #76
Lucille
There was allegedly someone that was supposed to be watching either the dog or the retic, whether that was actually true or simply lip service to evade responsibility I don't know, but either way the dog paid with its life.
Hopefully, this thread and the associated discussion will keep future pet critters and the children in that environment safe.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #77
HerpVenue
I post pics of rats getting eaten.

We watch on National Geographic as animals eat other animals.

In Asian countries they eat cats and dogs and monkeys all the time.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:16 PM   #78
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Warning: Perhaps I missed the point of all this, and I apologize if so, but someone really needs to explain to me what this thread has to do with any sort of business transaction or business aspect of the topic matter. The BOI is not just a catch-all section for any and all types of threads that people may want to post here. If you will note, The Board of Inquiry forum is located in the BUSINESS category of this site, which certainly implies the focus of which sorts of topics should be posted here.

Unless I am presented with a convincing argument why this should remain in the BOI, this thread will be moved to a more appropriate forum.
I agree boss, move this thing. While I agree it is not the most pleasant subject, I just don't see why it is on the BOI at all. I guess it is true. Puppies and kittens will always be valued over ALL other animals. how unfortunatel

Old 06-23-2013, 08:12 AM   #79
Xaila
Wow, the point seems to be really flying over some heads here. This isn't about the theoretical value of a puppy's life over a feeder animal. This is about horrendously irresponsible people keeping a large constrictor in an extremely unsafe manner and showing it off to the world. Is that really the message you want to be spread around? Do you want more justification to get these snakes banned for everyone else?

I truly cannot believe that so many of you think this is a-ok. It's blowing my mind. I dunno, maybe this isn't the right hobby for me after all. Responsible pet ownership and not letting your puppy get eaten by your snake is just so passé I guess.

Old 06-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #80
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpVenue View Post
I just don't see why it is on the BOI at all.
Ritchie, to me, one of the points of having this thread here is to alert the business world so that they can make an informed choice as to where they want to sell critters to these people.
The incident also involves transactions in a more global way. There may be a lot of people out of money if the kinds of critters they breed are banned because of such behaviors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpVenue View Post
guess it is true. Puppies and kittens will always be valued over ALL other animals. how unfortunatel
I don't think that was the point. The point was that this pup was a pet, and adequate supervision was not provided; and further when the pet's life was ending, inappropriately in my opinion, the choice was made to take pictures and display them.
Let's not forget that there is a child who appears to visit sometimes. Adequate supervision is pretty important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaila View Post
Wow, the point seems to be really flying over some heads here. This isn't about the theoretical value of a puppy's life over a feeder animal. This is about horrendously irresponsible people keeping a large constrictor in an extremely unsafe manner and showing it off to the world. Is that really the message you want to be spread around? Do you want more justification to get these snakes banned for everyone else?
Well said.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!