Bad Guy Greg Bowman AKA SnakeModel - Sharie Green - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #51
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
PayPal offers ZERO buyer protection for animal purchases... so, if anything goes wrong, (other than the seller simply not shipping, ) the buyer is SOL. The only recourse is when a credit card is used, because PayPal can be bypassed (and a claim made through the c.c. bank).

Money orders don't offer protection per se - but they up the ante a bit by elevating the offense to a Federal crime. That doesn't mean the buyer will get the money back, or that prosecution is easy (or that it will even get that far)... it's a big hassle that many won't even bother to pursue.
^That. It's the lesser of two evils.

PayPal actually screws the seller and the buyer both on these sales, and either one can and does end up on the losing end because they are jacked by the other (i.e. seller sends an empty box, but since a tracking number exists, they can get away with saying they sent the item or a buyer sends payment with their credit card or even an e-check and recalls the check or the check bounces after the receive the goods or they challenge the credit card charge). I would not suggest sending Postal MOs to just anyone, but I do not suggest PayPal either.

I'm not even accepting it anymore at this point.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:40 AM   #52
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post

Greg called my job yesterday apparently in an attempt to try to get me in trouble. If they continue to harass my place of employment with baseless accusations and legal threats, management has advised me to take further action to protect myself. What wonderful 'people' these two are.
Oh no he didnt.
you just showed some real class greg. I am sure your fiance would not aprove. But I bet she does not know youare even postig as her. You are just a sad pathetic excuse for a man.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #53
rcarichter
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
PayPal offers ZERO buyer protection for animal purchases... so, if anything goes wrong, (other than the seller simply not shipping, ) the buyer is SOL. The only recourse is when a credit card is used, because PayPal can be bypassed (and a claim made through the c.c. bank).
That's true. The one time I ever had to make a claim, they came through with the money. But, like you said, it was a case of simply not shipping (from, let's say, a certain veiled chameleon seller). Fortunately, I've never had to think about other scenarios.

Other than talking to a guy on the phone, has anyone gotten proof that there even is a Greg Bowman. The addresses and phone numbers all trace back to Sharie. There's only one Greg Bowman on FB (in that county), and no mention of a fiance, job, etc. Doesn't mean anything really, just saying. Could this all be Sharie, and maybe a friend who talks politely on the phone on her behalf?

Noelle

Old 11-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #54
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Could this all be Sharie, and maybe a friend who talks politely on the phone on her behalf? - Noelle
Interesting idea Noelle. Without giving away too much behind the scenes stuff yet, perhaps some of the users from the original posts, 10 years ago, have further info into an actual Greg Bowman.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #55
ShadowAceD
There has to be some kind of a Greg Bowman for PayPal to allow for direct funds transfer (as someone on this thread received their payment that way after a failed e-check).

Old 11-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #56
RichsBallPythons
Real men dont do these things, I call them petty children waiting for daddy to come home!

Old 08-04-2017, 05:30 PM   #57
NasKhod
sorry to bring up an old thread. i am not a dealer, purchaser or have any affiliations with animals but the love i have for my frenchie. I was assaulted by Gregory Bowman last friday in Montclair California.
I took actions and contacted code enforcement under the assumption that Gregory was living in his unit. Come to find out there was alot more hidden in his unit.

please see attached url for news report

here is an update for gregory bowman whoever was looking for him
he had 2 prior warrants and was hiding out here.

http://ktla.com/2017/08/04/1000-anim...omplex-police/

Old 08-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #58
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasKhod View Post
sorry to bring up an old thread.
Don't be sorry, thanks for updating us.

Thousands of animals — alive and dead – seized from Montclair warehouse
http://www.pe.com/2017/08/04/hundred...air-warehouse/

"Business owners and the Humane Society identify the owner as Gregory Bowman, 52" ...“The snakes were just left inside their boxes and they were dead,” Edward said.

Old 08-04-2017, 06:24 PM   #59
NasKhod
glad to help, idk how it works. maybe you guys can get your reptiles back? if they are still alive.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:36 AM   #60
GinoInDaBronx
http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20...lair-warehouse

another article

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!