Bad Guy Jeremy Pierce/Kansas - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:01 PM   #21
nickolasanastasiou
This is becoming less clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooeee View Post
I brokered a purchase from Jeremy for two patternless bullsnakes. It was supposed to be a sexed pair. They are both males and easily popped when I checked. In addition, I noticed the one labeled female was covered in mites. Although I have treated them both and they are doing well, I'm still stuck with two males and they should not have been shipped in this condition. I'm not saying Jeremy is a "bad guy", but clearly he does not take the time to properly insect the animals he ships.
Quote:
This will be brief as I'm in Florida for the python hunt for the next six weeks. I traded an adult pair of Az Blacks to a collector and he made the purchase of a male xanthic patternless bull and a female patternless bull for - I think $175 and $125 respectively. Plus shipping of course. He got them in and saw the mite issue and sexed them as both males. He forwarded me Jeremy's contact info only as an address and an email, but my AT&T phone went to crap and I lost the contact info. The person that bought them had deleted the info and I went on here looking for him. I did find a recent ad and sent him an email but no reply as of today. At this point I'm not expecting anything and it is partly my fault for not being able to get with him quickly. But, to have sent out snakes like this with mites and also incorrectly sexed for the $300 plus spent is not a good way to do business.
Quote:
I am sure I got what Jeremy sent because I opened the box the day it arrived. The collector who made the purchase only paid for them, so I opened the box and was the first to see them. I am not skilled at popping neonate snakes, but they were popped in front of me and both popped as males. The xanthic did not have any visible mites but was treated anyway as a precaution.
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion.....the collector who made the deal, paid for it and received the box, sexed them both and took photos upon receipt. He gave me Jeremy's contact info and due to issues with my phone/tablet - which only work in conjunction with one another - I lost his contact info. I did not pay for the snakes directly because I traded the Crots for one of several different pairs based on what he could find and then pay for. I also want to say it is totally my fault for not getting back to Jeremy ASAP. I just had no control over it at the time. The middle man is of no concern at this point.
It is difficult to tell which party (buyer or broker) you are.

It is also difficult to tell which of several versions of events is supposed to be the one, as these quotes are inconsistent with each other.

It is concerning that there is no communication stream.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:02 PM   #22
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
It sounds that way to me as well but maybe the guy who purchased them was there when the box was opened as stated in the secomd quote and was the one who sexed them? The way it was worded made me think he got them then shipped them to the op.
The second quote doesn't say anything about this mysterious intermediary being in her presence when the box was received. It does say that someone popped them in front of her; no specific mention of the middle man. If they're side by side, saying he 'forwarded' the other guy's contact info ends up being fairly obscure wording - at the very least, I think it also implies distance.
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion.....the collector who made the deal, paid for it and received the box, sexed them both and took photos upon receipt. He gave me Jeremy's contact info and due to issues with my phone/tablet - which only work in conjunction with one another - I lost his contact info. I did not pay for the snakes directly because I traded the Crots for one of several different pairs based on what he could find and then pay for. I also want to say it is totally my fault for not getting back to Jeremy ASAP. I just had no control over it at the time. The middle man is of no concern at this point.
Unless you have an Asus Padfone or very similar device that I don't happen to know about, I'm not sure what you mean about the phone and tablet only working in conjunction with one another. Even if you do have that device, the phone part works just fine without the tablet part, so it doesn't seem like something that would really be worth mentioning, even if you did manage to break your phone.

Anyway, your last post really hasn't done anything to alleviate any confusion. We're still left with two mutually exclusive statements that don't seem so easily explained away as a simple mistake in wording. It seems more likely that you perceived some doubt behind questions that were asked and said something blatantly untrue to counter it. All things considered, now I can't help wondering if this unnamed person really exists. I think it might be in your best interests to produce some screenshots of the correspondence you had with He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Old 01-10-2016, 11:29 PM   #23
juliasara
Since none of us can seem to make sense of the chain of events, it might be helpful to start from the beginning and spell out step by step what happened. Have you had any contact with Jeremy? Has the person who paid for them had any contact since the snaked arrived? Do you have any proof the snakes actually came from Jeremy? Can you get a screen shot of either the emails between the broker and Jeremy or the reciept or both?

Old 01-11-2016, 01:49 AM   #24
tlmoon
Yes, this is getting confusing. If you could post step by step the sequence of events that would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-11-2016, 05:31 AM   #25
Lucille
Quote:
Based on your continued refusal to provide emails, the statements you made that the collector sexed them as males and saw the mites but also that you received them directly, had them popped and saw the mites, and that this is all approximately five months after the fact (according to the date on the ad)
I smell a rat.
If you are trying to hang Jeremy Pierce as a Bad Guy, you need to provide credible evidence. So far, to me at least, you are coming off as someone who is deliberately trying to fix up a story that has a lot of holes in it.
Had you responded with a timeline and emails when they were requested, we could together figure it all out, the fact that you are not doing so makes me think that you have an ulterior motive here.

Old 01-11-2016, 05:36 AM   #26
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon
Yes, this is getting confusing.
I'm not sure "confusing" is the right word. I think it's only confusing as long as we're operating under the assumption that the OP is actually trying to be forthright. Take away that assumption and we seem to be left with the pretty simple idea that what we've been presented makes no sense because it simply can't possibly be completely true.

It seems utterly foolish to think that someone would come here with outright false information trying to make someone look bad, especially when the target is a member and can easily choose to come and provide contrary evidence, but I gotta say that that very scenario is looking more and more plausible. Of course, it does end up becoming a situation where someone would need to prove that they were properly sexed and mite-free upon shipment - which doesn't seem like it would be easy to do. I'm just not sure any step-by-step explanation from the OP is going to do anything to make this any clearer, as long as it amounts to nothing more than the uncorroborated contradictions we've gotten so far. Without some screenshots being posted to indisputably back up any of the given versions of the story, I think it may be hard to take anything she says very seriously from here on out.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:58 AM   #27
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
I'm not sure "confusing" is the right word. I think it's only confusing as long as we're operating under the assumption that the OP is actually trying to be forthright. Take away that assumption and we seem to be left with the pretty simple idea that what we've been presented makes no sense because it simply can't possibly be completely true.

It seems utterly foolish to think that someone would come here with outright false information trying to make someone look bad, especially when the target is a member and can easily choose to come and provide contrary evidence, but I gotta say that that very scenario is looking more and more plausible. Of course, it does end up becoming a situation where someone would need to prove that they were properly sexed and mite-free upon shipment - which doesn't seem like it would be easy to do. I'm just not sure any step-by-step explanation from the OP is going to do anything to make this any clearer, as long as it amounts to nothing more than the uncorroborated contradictions we've gotten so far. Without some screenshots being posted to indisputably back up any of the given versions of the story, I think it may be hard to take anything she says very seriously from here on out.
The onus is on the claim-maker. The ball for that is in Susan's court. We have been shown a photo of a snake with really bad mites, but there is no other support. The chain of events as reported is currently unreliable and uncorroborated. It is her responsibility to support any claims she makes.

Since this account should not be a choose your own adventure storybook, I will remain skeptical until adequate supporting evidence has been furnished.

It would also be nice if Jeremy would come here, share his side, and perhaps even supply the communication stream that has not been provided (to the extent he has it).

If the recipient that supposedly obtained these from Jeremy noticed a severe mite infestation right away (as anyone with half-decent vision should based on that photo), I am not of the belief that communications would be lost so easily before resolution. It is a possibility that the animals were treated poorly after leaving Jeremy's custody rather than before. We have no real evidence either way.

Old 01-11-2016, 01:46 PM   #28
soooeee
Angry Last Time...

Clearly none of you are reading what I posted. So one last time and then I'm done. I will start by stating that I have sent Jeremy an email and as of this post - no reply.

I had a collector that wanted my young pair of Az Black Rattlesnakes. It does not really matter who he is, so no point in bringing him into this as it looks like another start to the pissing matches that go on here all the time. He has a fairly diverse collection and produces a lot of offspring. I told him of several species I was interested in getting. He agreed to take the rattlesnakes and find me specimens I wanted to cover the price of the AZ blacks. He found the pair of bulls for me and I agreed to accept the pair in exchange for the AZ Blacks I had given him. He made the purchase for $300 plus shipping. They were shipped on a Monday for a Tuesday by 10:30 delivery. I was at his house when they were delivered. I opened the box. The photo of the bull with mites was taken when I removed that snake from the container. The other bull did not have any visible mites. I took both snakes with me and contact info for Jeremy. As I stated before - this is also my fault for not getting in touch immediately the same day, but I was preparing to retire and got distracted. Ultimately, I lost Jeremy's contact info and the other party involved had deleted it as he had no use for it. I did go online and do a search but Jermey's phone number had been disconnected. I have sent him an email but no reply. I do not have any emails as I did not make the deal for the purchase. Other than the photo and who I got them from - Jeremy Pierce of Salinas, KS - I have no other documentation. This will be my last post on the matter. If someone has an issue with this then just delete it and who cares. I posted this in good faith. I accepted my part of the responsibility for not doing my own due diligence in resolving the problem. So if Nicholas has an issue - too bad. I've done everything I can and it looks like Nicholas just wants to start another pissing match which is all to common here. Hope this clears it up, but if not - too bad! I'm done!

Old 01-11-2016, 01:55 PM   #29
nickolasanastasiou
Get as upset as you like because I will not accept your claims blindly. Your story is inconsistent with...wait for it...your other versions of your story, so that makes it difficult to accept any particular version as the version to believe.

As it is, there is not enough evidence for me to determine one way or another what really happened and, supposing your account would be for me to embrace, I could not choose which version to embrace.

I would extend this same courtesy to you if someone else brought such a weak case with an inconsistent series of posts when laying a claim against you. That is what it means to be fair. If my being fair about this gets you upset, then that is on you to emotionally manage, as you are no one special to me.

Old 01-11-2016, 02:07 PM   #30
Lucille
Quote:
Clearly none of you are reading what I posted.
Here's what you posted:

Quote:
He got them in and saw the mite issue and sexed them as both males.
No mention that you were there. Extremely confusing. Were you there? Who knows. You seem to be protecting the collector's identity, but with no proof we do not know whether you were there (it took multiple posts for you to come up with that scenario) and don't really know where the mites originated from.

For me personally there is not enough proof here to say that Jeremy Pierce did anything wrong. I don't like Bad Guys, but I really, really don't like labelling someone as a Bad Guy with vague information.
And for me personally, retirement or no retirement if someone sent me two males I'd be in touch right away.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!