Bad Guy BUYERS BEWARE! BEN SHOTTS of VIVID DRAGONS- dishonest man, possible scammer - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #31
Sgambino94
Here's the proof I paid the 250. Plus 5 extra to guarantee live Arrival. The "threatening" messages were my pissed off bf, who went online and got his number AFTER I told him how PayPal didn't rule in my favor, along with all the other details of my and Ben's conversations. He has a temper, yes, but I had nothing to do with those.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2016, 05:34 PM   #32
Sgambino94
Also, as I mentioned before, I opened the dispute with PayPal, and being the kind natured person I am, was still trying to negotiate any sort of resolution with Ben directly, when he escalated the case for PayPal review before I had a chance to send them any of my evidence. Therefore they ruled not in my favor.

Old 09-09-2016, 05:40 PM   #33
Sgambino94
Our messages via PayPal, I was the last to respond. It was my fault for giving him so many opportunities to redeem himself. Was realy trying to save us both the trouble. Then he escalated to PayPal so I really had no other options but to warn others.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2016, 05:41 PM   #34
Sgambino94
How the case was ruled. They really only had a "his word against mine" as far as evidence.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2016, 05:48 PM   #35
Sgambino94
Also, since I realize now that the texts I posted are a bit hard to read, here is a post of the dragon I thought I was buying listed as SOLD on August 5. (A detail I unfortunately didn't realize til much later)
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2016, 05:54 PM   #36
Sgambino94
Yet posted for sale again two more times on August 10 and 17 (I first contacted him on the 17th). This is relevant bc this is the information that told me that he hadn't just made a mistake and accidentally sent the wrong one, but was deliberately being deceitful, at which point I decided to take further action with PayPal and with asking for more than just the price difference refunded, although I would've been okay with even that since that's what I originally asked for.
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2016, 11:42 AM   #37
Dracorex5
The fact that he reposted the ads is another massive red flag that this was an intentional scam he was hoping you wouldn't notice, or would accept his BS replies that the lizard simply "changed with age". For $25? Jeez man, that's not even a nice dinner right there. Reputation is already fried

Old 09-10-2016, 05:43 PM   #38
BeauBoi
Thank you for posting your experience for the community Sarah! I am so sorry this scammer got you! It seems pretty obvious (from the little red chicklette under his avatar) that he already has some kind of community issues here, and they way he came on demanding the thread be taken down doesn't bode well for him either! The fact that he did a bait-and-switch for a measly $25 is really the height (or dept I should say) of shiftiness!
~BeauBoi

Old 09-10-2016, 09:19 PM   #39
ElexisC
Wait, what did you mean an "extra $5 for live arrival guarantee"?? Are you saying he made you pay extra for him to guarantee live arrival??

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

Old 09-10-2016, 09:56 PM   #40
Sgambino94
Yep that's exactly what I mean. He says it in the text messages I posted, though I realize they might be kind of hard to read:/

And thanks beauboi. Guess I just have to take this as a lesson learned and hope karma does her job.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bearded dragon