Bad Guy BUYERS BEWARE! BEN SHOTTS of VIVID DRAGONS- dishonest man, possible scammer - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-10-2016, 10:13 PM   #41
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgambino94 View Post
Yep that's exactly what I mean. He says it in the text messages I posted, though I realize they might be kind of hard to read:/
Unbelievable. Smh
Have never heard of anyone charging extra for Live Arrival Guarantee. LAG should be a "given" for most reptiles (including Beardies).

Old 09-11-2016, 10:51 AM   #42
ShadowAceD
If the animal was shipped via SYR.com then the 5.00 would be the DOA insurance that SYR provides (2.50 per 100.00 insured).

However, that insurance refers to an animal being DOA due to late delivery.

If the animal arrives dead and the package was not late then it is the seller's responsibility to figure out why and refund accordingly.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:26 AM   #43
acecurl16
I am confused a tad .. doesn't take much ... lol! In post #7 there is a picture of the dragon ordered and indicates sold ... where did that picture and posting come from and when was it sold? Also .. says it was $400.00 as opposed to 250.00 in all other posts?

Old 09-11-2016, 12:25 PM   #44
Sgambino94
The dragon posted for 400 is the same as the dragon I was purchasing for 250. Difference is its on his website vividdragons.com where he consistently posts for different prices. Even on his fauna posts he was constantly changing prices. I posted the one shown on is website to show 1) he marked it sold there too and 2) even he thought the one he gave me was a lesser quality dragon cuz it was priced at 225 as opposed to the one I ordered that he proced on there for 400. Im assuming he marked the 400 one sold the same time he marked the 250 one "SOLD SOLD SOLD....." on Aug. 5.

Old 09-12-2016, 04:44 PM   #45
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgambino94 View Post
Yep that's exactly what I mean. He says it in the text messages I posted, though I realize they might be kind of hard to read:/

And thanks beauboi. Guess I just have to take this as a lesson learned and hope karma does her job.
Wow, I would never dream of asking the buyer to pay extra for live arrival. That should always be a given. And if it was for insurance like someone else said, he should have paid that out of his own pocket not make you pay more. Reptiles express has the insurance option and if I did choose to insure, it would be out of my own pocket.

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

Old 09-13-2016, 05:52 PM   #46
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Wow, I would never dream of asking the buyer to pay extra for live arrival. That should always be a given. And if it was for insurance like someone else said, he should have paid that out of his own pocket not make you pay more. Reptiles express has the insurance option and if I did choose to insure, it would be out of my own pocket.

While I do pay for the insurance out of pocket as a seller, it's not a big deal to me if someone asks me to pay if I want it. It's an optional thing to cover if a package is late or an animal dies because of late delivery. Live arrival should be guaranteed, but since this goes above that, I find it ok for someone to ask if they want it and then charge them for it. They could have just added it to the price along with the boxes and supplies and the buyer wouldn't know any better anyways. It does add up and with supplies, paypal fees, gas to fed ex, the sellers often times eat a lot of additional costs. I've actually gotten refunds for a few late packages and all the money goes back to the buyer. I don't get refunded for the insurance or any money I'm out. So I look at it as a positive thing for any buyer to have. It's an extra optional cost, so I find no reason to not offer it to the buyer at their expense.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #47
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi23 View Post
While I do pay for the insurance out of pocket as a seller, it's not a big deal to me if someone asks me to pay if I want it. It's an optional thing to cover if a package is late or an animal dies because of late delivery. Live arrival should be guaranteed, but since this goes above that, I find it ok for someone to ask if they want it and then charge them for it. They could have just added it to the price along with the boxes and supplies and the buyer wouldn't know any better anyways. It does add up and with supplies, paypal fees, gas to fed ex, the sellers often times eat a lot of additional costs. I've actually gotten refunds for a few late packages and all the money goes back to the buyer. I don't get refunded for the insurance or any money I'm out. So I look at it as a positive thing for any buyer to have. It's an extra optional cost, so I find no reason to not offer it to the buyer at their expense.
The insurance thing I just through in because someone else brought up that that could have been it, but the way she worded it was he charged her extra just to get the guarantee not for insurance

Old 09-14-2016, 01:57 PM   #48
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
The insurance thing I just through in because someone else brought up that that could have been it, but the way she worded it was he charged her extra just to get the guarantee not for insurance

I'm not sure how he worded it to her, but the price makes sense. It's $2.50 per $100. So $5 if he insured it for $200. I agree that it shouldn't be worded with live arrival guarantee because that should be on every seller anyways.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:34 PM   #49
TheGift777
Guys makes shore you post about this in other forums so this prick doest get anyone else

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Old 09-16-2016, 01:30 AM   #50
Sgambino94
Everyone just a heads up!! Ben Shotts has now made a new account named "whirlwind". I've compared his dragons for sale with pics of the ones from his old account and his fb page at Vivid dragons and am sure it's the same guy. Not to mention this new account was made right after I created this thread about him.

Here's his new page under Whirlwind:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=165707

And here's his fb:
https://m.facebook.com/vividbeardeds/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bearded dragon