Bad Guy Buyer Beware - Lisa Apramian - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-01-2017, 03:34 PM   #21
Alexandersalamander
Lisa, to quote the ever-wise Parks and Rec, "you make me question my stance on using the b-word"

Old 07-01-2017, 08:54 PM   #22
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralawakening View Post

YOU ARE CONTINUING TO CYBER BULLY ME;
Stating facts is not bullying.

Quote:
I MAY EVEN ASK MY LAWYER TO INTERVENE.

How many times have we seen a "bad guy" use this threat? It is a hollow threat. What exactly is the lawyer going to do? Call everyone's mommy?

Old 07-01-2017, 09:42 PM   #23
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post

How many times have we seen a "bad guy" use this threat?
page 2 in the scammers handbook.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:06 AM   #24
DavidBeard
Oh geez who let Lisa get into the catnip again?

Don't have some more prisoners to date?

Two words perfectly describe this lady, and just so happen to also describe my favorite breakfast treat: Fruity. Loops.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #25
snowgyre
Quote:
YOU KNOW, HOLDING ON TO THINGS CAUSES CANCER.
And nothing quite causes cancer like holding onto a $300 check for weeks and then being churlish with the buyer when he wants a refund? Or forcing someone else to spend money to cancel a check because you refused to acknowledge receipt of said check? And requiring people to take photos of the check in the mail and then questioning whether or not that check was actually sent? Listen to yourself, you're meeting the definition of a scammer.

Your childish behavior here painted all the picture any of us needed to see. Ironic that you mention we should practice mindfulness. From your excessive use of all caps it seems like you should practice what you preach.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:45 AM   #26
ShadowAceD
So, my interaction with Lisa in inquiring about that Moonglow ended with her implying I am a lazy keeper who does not clean my animals' cages because I made mention that if I was able to purchase the animal it would not continue to be fed every single week as that is wholly unnecessary for a four-year-old female boa and she would likely be put on rabbits.The biology of these animals dictate a far different feeding schedule and I even referred her to look at Dr. Stephen Secor's Python Model to understand why feeding the animal every week would eventually become detrimental.

She restated she was not going to do business with me and when I attempted to reply regarding how that was all good and well (since I had little to no interest in being a customer of hers at that point considering I spend a minimum of 40 hours a week with my boas Mon-Fri on a specific schedule and spend random hours with them on weekends between spending time with my family), but I wanted to further reiterate that if she had the best intention for the animal in mind she would seek out a buyer who would not feed the animal so often (because weekly medium rats eventually become weekly large rats and weekly large rats eventually becomes weekly XL rats and so on and so forth) as it will ultimately affect the longevity of the boa, she blocked me.

I decided to post the last bit of our conversation on FB with her name cut out referencing that it was nonsense for anyone to automatically be considered a lazy or poor keeper because they were doing appropriate feeding schedules for their animals and to not let those who are ignorant of such things (willing or otherwise) to make them second guess what we have learned about feeding these guys over the years. The thread ended up blowing up with other people who have had run ins with Lisa and I received several PMs about her behavior. Then, miraculously, I was unblocked by her, likely because someone knew it was her prior to the blow up of the thread and told her.

Lisa has learned very little from her interactions with Robert, it would seem.

She originally had that animal posted for 1K, then when a great deal of people showed interest, she hiked the price (not that a four year old Moonglow is not worth the amount she is asking), but she still takes it upon herself to judge people based on their differing opinions about husbandry (even when they are proper in comparison to hers) and will go on her self-righteous tangents if she feels they are not "worthy" of the animal. She also apparently has a history of bullying people into making agreements to change feeding and caging habits if they want to purchase animals from her as well as not sending out animals promptly or dancing around shipping when the time comes. She has been removed from a few groups because of how she is treating potential customers.

While I do believe she truly wants these animals to go to proper homes, her treatment of potential customers is ... poor and buyers really should be aware of the potential of what they are getting themselves into. There is a long list of people who have been blocked while inquiring for animals or berated and insulted with her holier than thou attitude while inquiring for animals and the issues when some people have actually moved forward with the process of purchasing can be equated to, in the simplest of terms, quite the headache.

I would very seriously caution anyone wanting to deal with her, though they can likely figure that from the paragraphs of SRS BSNS text on the first page.

You know, I sold someone a Snow Boa once and ended up being unable to send it when I needed to because my brother went missing. The customer demanded a refund and even though I felt they were unreasonable, I gave it to them as soon as I got home (an hour or so after they asked). It is not that hard to give proper customer service and not treat potential and actual customers like they are beneath you.

I really do hope that Moonglow goes to someone who is not going to keep it on a weekly feeding schedule (though if you inquire, maybe you should just lie and say you will. )

Food for thought.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #27
ShadowAceD
Interesting, I just realized in her newest ad she states the animal eats once every ten days, but she told me, and took great offense when I said the animal would not remain on it, it is on a weekly schedule.
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2017, 12:38 PM   #28
DavidBeard
Anybody who has read the other thread on her and is still considering doing business with her is asking to get ripped off. Why take the risk? Shes obviously short a few peanuts.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:46 PM   #29
ShadowAceD
I honestly had no idea who she was prior to contacting her.

FB is, sadly, where everything has moved and forums are no longer a priority.

The inquiry groups there are often trainwrecks so the process of vetting people is different.

The second she would have asked for a personal check, had she asked, I would have walked away though, even if our initial interaction had gone better.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:55 PM   #30
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
So, my interaction with Lisa in inquiring about that Moonglow ended with her implying I am a lazy keeper who does not clean my animals' cages because I made mention that if I was able to purchase the animal it would not continue to be fed every single week as that is wholly unnecessary for a four-year-old female boa and she would likely be put on rabbits.

She originally had that animal posted for 1K, then when a great deal of people showed interest, she hiked the price .
. .
With me, it was all about the money. If you saw the other thread, she requested that I take a photo of the check being mailed. There were no questions about my husbandry, cage set-up, etc. Don't get me wrong; it's great that she is concerned about her animals, but I didn't get the impression that it was her first priority.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, about the doubling of the price. As you said, not that the snake isn't worth it, but that kind of relates to my transaction, that it's only about money.

This women gets more squirrelly by the moment.

Kathy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!