Bad Guy Don't Buy From ReptMart. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:22 PM   #1
Herpetology 88
Don't Buy From ReptMart.

I initially ordered a male Mexican milk snake from them and couldn't be more disappointed. The first thing they messed up was the delivery time: four hours late. After the wait which was strictly pointed out to be no later than a specified interval, I was greeted with a package apparently shipped from Snakes at Sunset. Funny. The snake itself is an intergrade of sorts. Likely annulata x gentilis. What else? The gender is actually female, not male. I emailed them in response to the horrible circumstances. ReptMart denied that a sex was specified and denied everything else. They also claimed I ordered the last one in stock, which was another lie, as the website still has them listed. They don't accept returns unless the animal is sick or dead upon arrival, as entailed on their website. I am extremely unsatisfied with this establishment. I highly recommend that nobody should purchase from ReptMart (and furthermore Snakes at Sunset) under any circumstances.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:28 PM   #2
Lucille
Could you please provide screenshots of the transaction, showing the kind of critter you ordered and specified gender and the shipping papers showing that Snakes at Sunset shipped the order?
Can you please post a picture showing it is an intergrade?

Old 07-31-2017, 02:44 PM   #3
Herpetology 88
I don't have to prove anything. This is simply my experience, whether you believe it or not. I am not going to waste my time trying to find papers and whatnot, this happened three months ago and everything is tossed aside. I wouldn't sabotage an establishment for no reason. No smart aleck replies.

Old 07-31-2017, 02:57 PM   #4
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpetology 88 View Post
I don't have to prove anything. This is simply my experience, whether you believe it or not. I am not going to waste my time trying to find papers and whatnot, this happened three months ago and everything is tossed aside. I wouldn't sabotage an establishment for no reason. No smart aleck replies.
Lukas, it is common here on the BOI for readers to request facts that would tend to establish credibility. After all, reputation is important.
Allegations that are backed up here sometimes lead to resolutions between the parties involved.
I have notified ReptMart and Snakes at Sunset of this thread, hopefully they will provide input.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:04 PM   #5
Herpetology 88
Well, thanks for being civil. In all seriousness, however, I don't want to talk to Mike. No way in heck. And as for ReptMart, I honestly don't care at this point. It has been a good three months, I'm done. So please do not get anyone involved here. I am already wasting enough time replying and writing here.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:34 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
I don't have to prove anything.
I am not going to waste my time
No smart aleck replies.
You yelled fire, that is your choice. You don't, however, get to dictate the tone of the replies that follow. You don't have to prove anything, just scream fire and run away, that is your choice. We in turn don't need to believe a single word you have typed. You don't want to waste your precious time, but have no issue wasting ours.

Classic...

Old 07-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #7
Herpetology 88
Robert, you actually believe I made all of this up? For what benefit? And my intentions were never meant to be rude. There is a difference between wasting time via providing a plethora of evidence for something which should just be believed as it is, and taking a couple minutes or so out of your time to reply to a thread. And you can't hide from people on the Internet. This is a website, I am not speaking to physical people, as if that even had to be said. Talking to me about morals... don't bother replying as I'm not going to even bother glancing at this thread again.

Old 07-31-2017, 03:59 PM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
should just be believed as it is.
Lukas, people have all sorts of reasons for starting threads in the BOI. If you read enough of them, you will see that alleged Bad Guys are not always bad, and that jealousy, competition, and other reasons can take the place of the truth in an allegation.
I'm not saying that happened here, but you are not well known and so you can see that readers may request added proof.
With reputation being so important, and with some people's livelihoods dependent on their sales (and reputation), a request by readers to back up your claims is rational and relevant.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:18 PM   #9
bcr229
Do you at least have your emails to them and their responses? I ordered from them back in 2014 and still have the emails between us since we had to coordinate shipping due to bad weather - but I'm also a packrat and don't delete anything either.

ReptMart has had a great rep for many years which is why people want proof.

Old 07-31-2017, 04:35 PM   #10
kingpinreptiles
I got a package from Mike at Snakes at Sunset 2 weeks ago, and it said it was from ReptMart. Maybe they work together a little closer than you think.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!