Info Pat Kline - neutral review - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:15 AM   #51
snared99
No you were claiming we had horrible service which is ludicrous considering the only negative mark you can give us is not placing scientific names on a box, which almost no one does. animals were packed excellent, shipped on time, in excellent health. but cant really plan for them sitting in a cup for a extra 8 hours. should be common sense to change their paper towel.

So i dont see anything wrong with our service to be honest.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:51 AM   #52
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by snared99 View Post
No you were claiming we had horrible service which is ludicrous considering the only negative mark you can give us is not placing scientific names on a box, which almost no one does. animals were packed excellent, shipped on time, in excellent health. but cant really plan for them sitting in a cup for a extra 8 hours. should be common sense to change their paper towel.

Sigh......
I do hate when people try to put literal words in my mouth.
Please show me just where I claimed you had "horrible service"?
All I stated to ANOTHER poster was that your service was not fine, period.
I can show you a stack of boxes in my garage all with scientific names on so I dispute the claim that "almost nobody does it".
I commend you for having refunded the buyer as you did not have to but this thread was a neutral one, your responses lately may have readers thinking otherwise, always think before you type.......
And that should really be the end of this side bar tbh.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:00 AM   #53
elukacevic
[quote=Black Adder;2023754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elukacevic View Post
I think the service was fine, you screwed up and should take responsibility instead of trying to ruin someone's reputation in a passive aggressive way.

Actually the service was FAR from fine, the box was not labeled with either live animals or the species in latin which are requirements for live reptile shipping I believe, certainly it is for snakes, not 100% sure on frogs as I do not deal with them but would be surprised if it is different.

Even if not a strict requirement, common sense in this time of year would tell you to label the box with "live animals" at least.

Would that have ensured the FedEx delivery agent knocked on the door, maybe not but it MAY have.

Would different labeling have motivated you to unpack them into their enclosure at arrival? Come on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-23-2017, 08:07 AM   #54
snared99
[quote=elukacevic;2023764]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post

Would different labeling have motivated you to unpack them into their enclosure at arrival? Come on.

Exactly, THANK YOU!!

I got boxes in from the biggest names in the business no names on the boxes. So should they be thrown through a thread as well??

Names on the box is not the issues here at all, and im sure people can see that.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:39 AM   #55
Black Adder
[quote=elukacevic;2023764]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post

Good lord above
Who the heck said anything about labeling having ANYTHING to do with unpacking, are your reading skills that poor!
YOUR COMMENT SAID SERVICE WAS FINE
My contention that service was not fine due to no labeling on boxes.
Period!
No claims or statements anywhere ever that it would affect unpacking or the life of the frogs!

You pair are making yourselves look bad by dragging this point out, not me...lol.

But while we are on the subject, what does it matter "if the biggest names in the business (whoever they may be) send out unlabeled boxes...IT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT.

I suggest you just drop this as it is only pushing this thread towards the top and more into the spotlight every post.

Old 08-23-2017, 11:24 AM   #56
Stender_JA
Dude, you're proving the OP's point by arguing about this. FedEx rules state that the box must be labeled live animals of that's what is inside. Even if you can get away with not having it, the animals suffer because the box will be treated as any other box. Have you ever seen how a sorting facility operates? Unless it is labeled fragile they're not treated very nice at all. I've bought and sold a lot of reptiles and never once did a box come or go without being labeled with the species name and live harmless reptile on it.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:04 PM   #57
nickolasanastasiou
There are the matters of (hopefully more gentle) handling as well as Lacey Act compliance, yes?

I do not wish to divide and subdivide potential fault here. The frog is dead. I wish otherwise. Could it have survived if different actions were taken by the seller, the buyer, or both? Maybe. I do not know. The refund of the price of the deceased frog is generous from one perspective (LAG was satisfied). It is possible that a closer and more immediate inspection upon arrival would have discovered a failure of the frog's health upon arrival, but that is not the observation we have to work with and so we cannot go further with that based on what we know.

Any seller can decide not to do business with any buyer. Given a "bad blood" scenario, I just about expect that.

It is the buyer's responsibility to provide for safe receipt and post-arrival care (research to that effect would also be the responsibility of the buyer). It is the seller's responsibility to label packaging properly. I see no way to tease out if any of this contributed at all to the frog's demise, so best not to overreach IMO.

Probably best to simply part ways and consider the experience to be a learning opportunity by both parties at this point. I wish both good fortune in moving beyond this bump in the road.

Old 08-23-2017, 01:10 PM   #58
Snake-Queen
Quote:

The bolded section - I disagree. The only time I have ever gotten a box not labeled with at the minimum, live animals, was when I ordered from an importer. Every other shipment was labeled.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:16 PM   #59
snared99
This will be the last time i post in this thread because it is getting a bit ridiculous now. The labeling of the box had NOTHING to do with the death of the animals, as her father told her all looked fine when he opened the box.

Should the box be marked, yes, but it had little to do with this case at all. 99% of the time our boxes say Perishable handle with care or LIVE REPTILES, for some reason this box was missed. But again had nothing to do with this issue since the frog was alive at delivery. we are focusing on a point that had little, if anything, to do with the outcome here folks.

Old 08-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #60
Black Adder
Quote:
This will be the last time i post in this thread because it is getting a bit ridiculous now. The labeling of the box had NOTHING to do with the death of the animals, as her father told her all looked fine when he opened the box.

Should the box be marked, yes, but it had little to do with this case at all. 99% of the time our boxes say Perishable handle with care or LIVE REPTILES, for some reason this box was missed. But again had nothing to do with this issue since the frog was alive at delivery. we are focusing on a point that had little, if anything, to do with the outcome here folks.

Nope, you are!
All I did was to point out to another poster why I considered service was not fine and then the pair of you have blown it out of all proportion.
Not one single person has even remotely mentioned that incorrect or missing labelling was responsible for the death of the frog apart,again, from the pair of you.
You really should learn to quit while ahead.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!