Bad Guy Jon Allen, Reptiles Revolution - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-01-2017, 02:23 AM   #1
slinky
Jon Allen, Reptiles Revolution

Jon Allen sold me a sick Burm at the Wasatch Reptile Expo in May, 2017. I immediately contacted him and let him know that I wanted to return the snake. He tried to claim the snake was just stressed from the show. It wasn't, and I've since spent over $300 in vet fees trying to get the snake over the respiratory infection that it had when I purchased it. Jon has since ignored all my messages. He guarantees his snakes to be healthy, but this guarantee is backed by nothing. He's dishonest and shouldn't be dealt with. If he wishes to dispute any of this review, I'd be happy to upload our text messages and my vet bills. Do not make any deals with Jon Allen or Reptiles Revolution from Utah.

Old 06-01-2017, 04:03 AM   #2
Lucille
Please post the text messages and vet bills, and let Jon know this post is here. I hope your snake is doing better.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:53 PM   #3
reptilesrevolution
This is a classic case of buyers remorse. He bought the snake at the show and said it was an animal he had been looking for and couldn't pass up. I produced this snake and had it since it was born(6.23.14). It's also worth noting that I have produced and raised a few thousand snakes(including roughly 300 Burmese pythons) in the past 12 years. In my care the animal in question never had a single issue. The buyer contacted me 3 days after the show saying it had a respiratory infection. I advised him that burmese can get stressed very easily leading to R.I.'s and to raise her temps to mid nineties, raise her humidity and let her settle in some. He immediately demanded a refund. I reached out to him and even offered the meds that I have used in the past to treat R.I.'s and offered to administer them for him. He declined, again demanding only a refund. I'm pretty sure he bought her, took her home and had a family member who did not want the snake in the house. No matter how many times I offered to treat her he declined because he only wanted to get money back. All animal sales are final for this very reason. We cannot be held liable for people who have buyers remorse(wife upset about the purchase, forgot to pay a bill, whatever. It's unfortunate but it happens in the reptile world all the time) and not to mention what type of care or lack thereof happens after an animal is sold! I was never told about this post hence the delay in my response!

Old 09-27-2017, 06:05 PM   #4
Snake-Queen
I wouldn't worry overly much about this, he posted no proof of vet bills or any proof.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!