What Are Some Tips I Can Get On Working With Cobras? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 11:39 PM   #31
TonyDCaver
Phil,
I'm inclined to agree with Lucille. As you can see I am not one that posts just to post but I thought that information on the website might be of help to the OP; as there is information that pertains to captive of a few common species of venomous snakes. Don't smack down assistance, take it for what it is. There is no need to respond with retorts that attack people and leave them not wanting to offer advice even if at some point they have something that may have been worth your precious time.

I do not plan on getting into a keyboard war about this. I shall not spend any more time on this matter.

Best,
Tony DC

Old 10-09-2011, 12:21 AM   #32
MiamiCracker
Tony I did not post with the intent of starting an arguement.
I simply responder to the OP and all of a sudden I get jumped on.
People never bothered to read the entire thread, they just read what was on the page in front of them and ran from there. I am sorry if other people chime in on matters they don't fully understand because they are to lazy or ignorant to read everything.
I agree, the article is phenomenal.... I highly recommend it to novices as well as so called experts as we can all use some reminding of the basics from time to time.
At no time did I smack down assistance, I simply made a statement to the OP and that was it.
My statement was------- "so my advice to the OP is this..........try to find a mentor (you already stated you have a mentor), be very careful as this is a very fluid hobby and you must never think you have nothing else to learn and if you want to practice with a non venomous than yes, Indigos, F.W.Cobras and also yellow rat snakes (chicken snakes) really anything thats fast skittish and bitey........
good luck and stay safe."

from that I get flack?????? or is it because I hit a nerve with so called experts about their way of mentoring?........

But whatever, continously berating me STILL does not help the OP.
answer the question that the OP asked or just dont reply. Its that simple.

Again Like I said in the beginning of the thread ....Good advise all around.......

Old 10-09-2011, 12:30 AM   #33
MiamiCracker
and as a side note to Lucille........what does it matter how many posts I have in here? Does the number of posts I have dictate how smart I am?
does it make me more of a human? Oh you mean that I have to have alot of posts here in order to give my advice and tips because lord knows if you dont post on FaunaClassifieds then you are in no way allowed to give advise.
Get over yourself .........and if you dont remember, thats the first thing you said to me.

you dont know who I am or what I have done......dont assume and get off your high horse thinking I have to post on a board in order to have knowledge about something.

and actually that is my point in a nut shell...........If you don't know,.........close your mouth.......dont speak about things you dont know about.
because for all you know I could be the worlds formost expert on all things venomous, you never know...............not saying that I am, but I'm not saying I'm not...........I'm just saying that it is very "CRASS" of you to assume.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:40 AM   #34
Lucille

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiCracker View Post
Good advice all around but everybody says the same thing......"work with a mentor"....
yeah well....if some of us could find one it would be helpful but the problem is either nobody with a "hot" license wants to be bothered helping somebody or most of the ones who will "train you" only want free labor.........I have been looking for a long time but thats all I find.
Quote:
what does it matter how many posts I have in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Just an observation.

You have very few posts.

If you maybe posted more, and hung in chat a few evenings a week, you might run into someone.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #35
RoadHouse of Retics
Quote:
and as a side note to Lucille........what does it matter how many posts I have in here? Does the number of posts I have dictate how smart I am?
does it make me more of a human? Oh you mean that I have to have alot of posts here in order to give my advice and tips because lord knows if you dont post on FaunaClassifieds then you are in no way allowed to give advise.
Get over yourself .........and if you dont remember, thats the first thing you said to me.

you dont know who I am or what I have done......dont assume and get off your high horse thinking I have to post on a board in order to have knowledge about something.

and actually that is my point in a nut shell...........If you don't know,.........close your mouth.......dont speak about things you dont know about.
because for all you know I could be the worlds formost expert on all things venomous, you never know...............not saying that I am, but I'm not saying I'm not...........I'm just saying that it is very "CRASS" of you to assume.
Geesh dude do you have to sound so mean? I think Lucille's point was to become more involved in discussions and meet some others in the venomous community. Don't be so quick to go on the offensive because who wants to deal with someone like that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!