Shipping to Canada - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 12-27-2003, 10:15 PM   #1
Big D
Shipping to Canada

Just curious how many people will ship up to
Canada.I'm looking for corn snakes.Curious as to what it would take to bring them in to Canadafrom the states.Would love to hear from corn breeders that do ship to Canada
Darren
dweath@telus.net

Old 01-14-2004, 12:05 PM   #2
pitbullophis
Not me...

I shipped an axanthic male ball python to Canada 2 years ago and not only was it confiscated by customs after I checked to make sure everything was fine and told it was, the buyer cancelled his checks. And my own fault, I didn't even take into consideration that their dollar is worth like half of what ours is, so I would've ripped myself off either way. Oh and a side note, I had a Fish and Game boy knocking on my door for a month afterwards. Never answered it. To sum up, I'm not shipping to Canada ever again.

Old 01-14-2004, 01:24 PM   #3
Big D
So why answer my post?

Old 01-16-2004, 07:06 AM   #4
GiantFeeders
Shipping a reptile outside of the country (or bringing one into the country)will require a customs clearance. You just can't pack them up and send them by courier. You will need a bill of lading on the outside and inside of the box and a license to export (or import). Make sure you know the hours of the customs officials working at your target airport or you will have to pay overtime for their inspection or the animals may be left in their office overnight (on cold nights that may kill them). Not all airports have a customs office. The U.S. Fish and Game will be able to help you in obtaining a license and give you a list of airports that can accept your packages. For cites animals, you will also need the cites paperwork. For animals that are over $1000 you will need to hire a broker to handle the shipment. I've imported from Canada twice. The customs fee was $35.00 I think each time. Air Canada charges only $45 for air freight (at the time I imported anyway) which is less than our U.S. carriers. For the right animal, I will not hesitate to import from a Canadian breeder- it will be just slightly more work and money than buying domestically but some animals are worth it, imo. If you do not already have a license, you may not find it worthwhile to apply for it ($50 annually), and pay customs a use fee just for one shipment.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!